Embedded Software Engineer (W2 Only)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Embedded Software Engineer III Major Duties and
- Design and develop Android-based infotainment solutions for
automotive consumer devices.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of the assigned domain,
including requirements, system design, development, and maintenance
of the infotainment software.
- Participate in the design of a best-in-class in-vehicle
platform for GM infotainment systems.
- Follow our software development process where quality comes
first and ensure that the designed solutions conform to
architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability,
reliability, extensibility, usability, and security.
- Engage in all regular software development activities such as
architecture, feature requirements, design, code, and test case
reviews to ensure that the team delivers high-quality code on
- Bridge multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Information
Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate
system-level design trade-offs and identify, capture and refine
system requirements, and identify innovation opportunities.
- Work on new feature development, as well as maintenance of
existing features and bug fixes
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the
definition of the software development process
- Collaborate with team members in software development
activities using the Scrum/Agile development process.
- Work closely with various Infotainment teams to support triage
and resolution of system issues Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in Computer Science
- 3-5 years of software development experience with Android
frameworks (service, JNI, native service, HAL, etc.), familiar with
Android local unit tests and instrumented tests, QNX, and Java
- Software design and implementation experience in an
- Commercial software development experience with Java, C++, or
- Exposure to SCM tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRA
- Prior experience with vehicle infotainment, telematics, or
navigation systems is a plus
- Experience with automotive and/or portable consumer electronic
devices is a plus
- History of success in applying advanced technology to enhance
the usability of complex systems is a plus
- Experience in communication network protocols like CAN, UART,
- Experience with script languages such as Python, Perl, or Shell
will be a plus.
- Agile experience a plus
- Creative, disciplined with a strong sense of ownership,
responsibility, and on-schedule delivery commitment
Location: Warren, MIDuration: 12+ month W2 contract
Keywords: ektello, Detroit , Embedded Software Engineer (W2 Only), IT / Software / Systems , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!