Software Engineer, Embedded Applications
Company: Argo AI
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Who We Are
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a
mission to make the world's streets and roadways safe, accessible,
and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial
services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative
partnerships with some of the world's top consumer brands, we're
working block by block, city by city to empower people and
businesses to be more successful. We're individuals driven by
strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to
reimagine the human journey.
Meet The Team
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging
applications in computer science, robotics and artificial
intelligence - self-driving vehicles. We are building a
high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering
challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer,
more affordable and accessible for all. The challenges are
significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard,
meaningful problems to improve the world.
As the Embedded Engineer you will help architect and build Software
architecture, also being the module owner of one or multiple
application components. Our diverse multidisciplinary team works
closely with our System Engineering team, Firmware Application
team, and Firmware Platform team, and system test teams, to make
sure that all of the software components and platform work together
flawlessly and have the highest Automotive quality.
What You'll Do
- Design and develop the software for Argo's embedded
- Contribute to the implementation of the real-time and safety
critical safety functions.
- Be a key contributor to the team's code base and ensure it is
aligned with the needs of our customers and the highest quality
- Work closely with other teams to ensure timely delivery of
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Robotics or
- +4 years of professional experience in software development for
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Hands-on experience with real time operating systems.
- Experience in constrained compute environments and in
- Knowledge of debugging tools and methods for embedded
- General understanding of low-level communication protocols
(e.g. I2C, SPI, CAN, etc.).
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast
- Passionate about writing clean, safe, efficient and testable
- Enthusiastic about software design and driving topics from
early development to delivery.
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose
challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong,
detail oriented skills to solve them.
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices.
Nice To Haves
- Experience developing complex systems in robotics,
transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical,
energy, or similar.
- Hands-on experience with automotive projects and tools
(Autosar, Infineon Aurix).
- Experience in safe software development (for example ISO-26262,
IEC-61508, AUTOSAR, MISRA, and/or safety critical system design and
- Knowledge of Bazel, Python and tools for test automation.
What We Offer You
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect
voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft
protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups,
quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive
experience building robotic systems for commercial applications.
Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person
strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world's
leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we
operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where
self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving
safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior
results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
an inclusive environment for all employees.
Keywords: Argo AI, Detroit , Software Engineer, Embedded Applications, IT / Software / Systems , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!