Lead Software Test Engineer
Company: Gables Search Group
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Lead Software Test Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI
Job Summary of the Lead Software Test Engineer
Our client, a leading name in ADAS technology development, is
looking for Lead Software Test Engineer who will be responsible for
the integration and qualification-level test specification design,
reviewing test execution, and test reporting for all assigned
projects based on the Requirements, Architecture and Detailed
Design with in a project. This is a great opportunity for someone
who wants to work in a leadership capacity without losing the
hands-on technical aspects of their work.
This is a full-time, direct hire role with one of the world's
leading providers of innovative automotive technologies. They offer
an opportunity to work on the industry's premier active driving
projects, along with multiple growth paths for the future.
Responsibilities of the Lead Software Test Engineer
- Lead the test plan development and test cases for bench
- Establishes and aligns the Software Test Plan based on the
Master Test Plan & Strategy.
- Ensures feasibility of the Software testing
- Ensures the application of the project test strategy in
Software test teams (incl. Software Test Process).
- Defines and deploys the Software Test Resources (Engineers &
Environment) as per Deployment Plan.
- Supports the design of the Software Test Environment.
- Approves the Software Test Specification.
- Freezes the content of the Software smoke test with cross
functional team discussion.
- Provides a Software Test Report, to be shared also with
- Closes the Software test activities.
- Defines, tracks and reports of KPIs (Software Test Status) in
his/her area of responsibility.
- Continuously identifies areas for improvement, defines measures
and ensures implementation in his/her area of
- Develop and release all relevant verification engineering
deliverables in compliance with Global Product Engineering Process
(GPEP) and customer expectations.
Qualifications of the Lead Software Test Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electrical, Information
Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience: 7+ years in SW Testing
- Expertise in verification/ testing, debug & Triage and test
- Experience in Designing, implementing, and automating high
quality test code (C/Python a must)
- Knowledge of Test Management and Strategy for Integration and
- Demonstrate strong understanding of ASPICE/ ISO-26262 process
and follow ASPICE/ ISO-26262 process for software test and
establish test criteria and bi-direction traceability between
software architecture design, interface specification,
requirements, and test cases.
- Experience diagnosing HW/SW interactions
- Experience developing Test Automation
- Strong Knowledge of Integration and Qualification Test Tools,
ex. Cantata, VectorCAST
- Knowledge of Vector Tools like CANoe, vTestStudio,
- Experience on data acquisition systems (analog and digital data
filtering and logging) and post processing of information
- Basic knowledge of Development and Debuggers Tools
- Basic understanding of Electrical Schematics
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR Fundamentals (e.g. base vs. application
software, software component vs. compositions, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Real Time Operating Systems
- Basic knowledge of SAP, PLM/ALM tools (i.e. PTC Tool Suite)
Compensation of the Lead Software Test Engineer
Salary Range- $110,000-125,000 /year
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only (or TN)
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Detroit , Lead Software Test Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!