Senior Technical Specialist - Steering Systems
Company: Bordrin New Energy Vehicle
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: November 11, 2018
I want a job where: I am valued---I am challenged---I am understood---I am paid competitively---I have great benefits---I like the people I work with---I can learn---I can shine.
An international Automotive company that is redefining smart mobility, might have what you want. At Bordrin we strive for continuous technology integration and innovation. With electric vehicles as the core of our business, our aim is to deliver multi-dimensional solutions on smart mobility, mobile energy and shared economy. Through self-developed, pure electric drive platforms that feature our unique battery, electric drive system and control technologies, we are committed to strengthening China's stature in smart manufacturing.
Our US Office, located in Oak Park, Michigan, is currently hiring for a Senior Technical Specialist – Steering Systems.
- Responsible advanced rack & DP EPAS requirements specification.
- Provide relevant technical input during the development of suspension and steering geometry and throughout sourcing process:
- Steering gear component knowledge sufficient to make recommendations for supplier quality improvement
- Understanding of basic functions (algorithms) associated with top tier, as well as more advanced ADAS features
- Interface requirements & tolerances required for proper function and low warranty
- Write performance and test specifications to tune/validate designs/applications, (and provide expertise to avoid future issues).
- Capability to troubleshoot and diagnose reported problems and malfunctions (remotely or on site)
- Quarterly travel to support suppliers, development at PG
- Interface with cross functional teams and suppliers
- Provide feedback to engineers and management
- Interface with Engineering personnel in China and the U.S. including the Attributes & Vehicle Performance groups to ensure all requirements are met
- Work with Engineering Analysis on FEA of chassis structure designs to determine the most effective and economic solution
- Develop, release, and maintain accurate Engineering documentation
- Prioritize assignments consistent with business goals and successfully implement projects on time and within budget. Proactively inform management of project issues, delays and risks
- Generate and implement ideas to continuously improve work environment, systems, tools, processes as well as product cost and quality
- Interface with suppliers in the design/development phase, tool build, and into production
- Identify proper materials, tolerances, finishes, fasteners, and production methods for new designs
- Thorough understanding of rack EPAS DFMEA and DVP, including ASIL D requirements as they relate to functional safety
- Basic knowledge of technical characteristics of Chassis products
- Must be able to work with minimal instruction and guidance to create the desired result.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- 15+ Years of Automotive Steering System engineering experience.
- 5+ years rack/DP EPAS (specific) engineering experience.
- 5+ years other EV Chassis design and/or engineering experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with benchmarking against competitor products
- Experience designing engineering steering systems (sizing, specification, feature management, E/E planning)
- EV EPAS application experience preferred
- Understanding of EPAS application influence on steering feel
- Some experience with DFMEA, DVP, 2D part/ assembly drawings, GD&T and installation requirements for steering racks
- Ability to work with other Engineering functions to reconcile conflicting designs into robust and cost-effective solutions
- Demonstrated project experience taking EPAS systems from early concept stages to production
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to steering systems
- Experience within a Chinese automotive Electric Vehicle company is a plus.
- Chinese language proficiency is also plus.
Bordrin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply by uploading your resume in three easy steps, send us an email at email@example.com, or apply using your LinkedIn profile!
*This position is not open to 3rd party recruiters*
Keywords: Bordrin New Energy Vehicle, Detroit , Senior Technical Specialist - Steering Systems, IT / Software / Systems , Oak Park, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!