Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Censys started as a research project at the University of Michigan providing researchers with data on the composition of the Internet. Since then, we've spun out of the University into a software startup headquartered in downtown Ann Arbor. Now, we're helping companies secure their systems and data by building insightful applications atop our map of the Internet. We're looking for folks who like to play with data and believe that security shouldn't be black magic to help us with our mission. Censys is seeking a frontend web developer to lead the design of and help build the frontend for a new web application that enables security analysts to understand their external network perimeter. You will work with the product team to design and build the frontend interface, and collaborate with backend engineers to use the data Censys collects about Internet hosts to surface security insights about customer's networks. We are looking for a contributor with a proven track record of collaborating with engineering teams to design and ship customer-facing web applications. You will be joining a small, energetic team in Ann Arbor, MI.
The types of things you'll do:
- Partner with product, design, and data/backend teams to scope, build, and launch new customer-facing features
- Build reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Design automated solutions for building, testing, monitoring, and deploying applications in a continuous integration environment
- Design and execute A/B tests as needed to better understand the needs of customers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with backend web frameworks (e.g., Rails, Django, Rocket, Pyramid)
- Familiarity with SQL (e.g., MySQL or PostgreSQL) or NoSQL stores (e.g., Cassandra)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment at is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, any other basis covered by law.
Keywords: Censys, Detroit , Frontend Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!