Systems Application Engineer-Field Service
Company: XALT Energy, LLC
Posted on: May 19, 2019
XALT Energy is a leading developer and manufacturer of prismatic,
large-format lithium ion battery cells and associated modules &
packs. Utilizing its state-of-the-art production operations, proven
technology and talented human capital, XALT Energy delivers
practical, cost effective and well-engineered energy storage and
usage solutions to its global customers in marine, commercial
transportation, stationary power storage and defense industries.
Based in Midland, Michigan, XALT Energy continues to expand its
knowledge and expertise to explore and evaluate next generation
lithium ion battery technology and engineered solutions for current
and future applications. If you value creativity, entrepreneurship
and operational excellence, we encourage you to consider XALT
Energy as your career path. Position Title: Software Application
Engineer Reports To: Engineering Manager - Systems Integration
Classification: Exempt Status: Regular Full-time Location: Pontiac,
MI Job Summary: The Systems Application Engineer is a challenging
position requiring a unique set of skills to effectively resolve
complicated field issues as well as properly communicate with
customers and upper management. The Systems Application Engineer
will support the integration of the XPAND Battery Systems into
customer applications. In this role, you will provide in-house or
on-site technical expertise and debugging capabilities for our
customers while supporting the XALT Energy Service team. The System
Application Engineer will support the service team by developing
tools (HW or SW) and documentation to facilitate battery system
commissioning and resolution to customer issues. Primary
- Technical resource for service technicians.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for various
- Lead the investigation of application / integration issues in
the field on-site and/or remotely.
- Review CAN logs
- Develop test scenarios to capture faults
- Review telematics data
- Use the HV test lab to evaluate scenarios
- Work closely with SW applications team to resolve issues
- Perform root-cause-investigation and reporting as
- Develop in-house service tools (HW/SW) to complement XALT's
first class battery system.
- Telematic data
- Support data analysis of field data
- Provide feedback as to telematic data reports helpful to
support the field
- Support next generation system development
- Support the Systems team with DFMEA and DRBFM work as part of
new project activities.
- Communicate with upper management as to the status of
- Support company goals and initiatives related to industry
standards for safety and quality (Ex. ISO26262, IEC61508, QS9003,
and others) Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics, Software, or
- Must have three (3) years of experience with hands on vehicle
integration of, "Automotive Quality" embedded systems.
- Experience working at the customer site and be comfortable
being, "the face to the customer" by communicating and interacting
with customers at the technical level.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication as well
as interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience debugging Automotive Embedded Systems, preferably
Energy Storage Systems or Electrified Powertrains.
- Hands on experience with field and lab equipment; Examples
include multimeters, high voltage test equipment, oscilloscopes,
function generators, or logic analyzers.
- Demonstrate ability to understand complex electronic and
- Experience working with Vector Tools; CANalyzer, CANoe, CAPL,
CDM Studio, etc.
- Experience working with IBM / Rational DOORs Requirement
Management Software or another requirement management program
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink is a plus
- Exposure to Energy Storage Systems /Cyclers is a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis of data to establish
pass/fail criteria Key Competencies:
- Understanding of real time processing systems and common
- Diligent documentation keeping skills
- Self-driven and adaptive personality, performing as both
project leader and individual contributor as the situation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially Project,
Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Builds safety, quality and compliance into all actions;
committed to continuous learning and self-improvement
- Travel up to 20% of the time to support on site customer
testing, debug, or sales/proposal activities NOTE: The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by staff assigned to this position. The above
statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required. All staff
may be required to perform duties outside their normal
responsibilities as needed. XALT Energy offers competitive salary
and benefits to include:
- Choice of three health plans, vision, dental and life
insurance; ancillary benefits; 401(k); company paid holidays and
paid time off.
- The salary range commensurate with education and experience.
Must successfully complete a background check, a drug screen and a
physical. EOE including Disabled and Vets / VEVRAA Federal
Keywords: XALT Energy, LLC, Detroit , Systems Application Engineer-Field Service, IT / Software / Systems , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!