Company: LAZ Parking
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Want to hear something crazy* Cars only spend 5% of their time
driving. Where do they spend the other 95%* PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking
companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of
parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we re
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say parking is our
industry but people are our passion. Our mission is to create
opportunities for our employees and value for our clients . If you
re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people
committed to being the best contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for ensuring garages and
surface lots are maintained and cleaned on a daily basis. Interface
with customers, handle disputes, provide effective communication
between departments, co-workers, customers and clients.
Principal Job Duties:
* Ensure garages and surface lots are maintained and cleaned on a
* Responsible for general maintenance of the garage and surface
lots sweeping, wiping down surfaces and equipment, emptying trash,
picking up trash, changing light bulbs, painting etc.
* Assist with snow removal and management of winter upkeep
(managing sidewalks and garages).
* May need to operate garage/floor sweeper and scrubber to ensure
floors are clean and safe.
* Responsible for ensuring all daily duties on maintenance
checklist are completed efficiently and timely.
* Greet customers using name, be responsive and timely with
correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring
attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
* Provide vehicle assistance to customers in garages and surface
* Assist customers as needed over intercom system, in lobbies,
lanes, and in the parking office.
* Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier
customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude,
and willingness to help at all times.
* Assist with cashiering functions as needed.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
* Experience with general facility maintenance required.
* Experience in customer relations.
* Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
* May need a valid driver s license and be able to operate
* Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
* Willingness to be flexible, work multiple facility locations.
* Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged
* Must be able to work unsupervised.
* Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
* Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on
decisions made (not easily persuaded).
* Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
* Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to lift, push and pull at least 30 pounds.
* Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
* Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a
* Ability to operate machinery including a golf cart.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform
the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and
pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment
practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide
equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age,
genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and
other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law. No question in our application process
is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's
consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: LAZ Parking, Detroit , Garage Attendant, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!