Work With Dogs All Day - Now Hiring Pack Leaders!
Company: FERNDALE DOG DAYCARE INC
Posted on: November 23, 2020
To work at Canine to Five you must be dedicated to the care and
loving treatment of dogs, enjoy people and be dedicated to our
Metro Detroit community. Our employees are extremely talented,
enjoy being super busy and possess innovative ideas. Do you have a
Can do! attitude? Is this you? If so, read on
Essentials about the role: The Pack Leader reports to the direct
supervisor. Responsibilities include the care of dogs, health
checks, working with dogs and customer relations.
Reports to: Supervisor
Work Hours: Shifts vary open from 6am to 8pm including weekends
Availability: Must be willing to work full time and work
Wages: Hourly based on skills and performance plus tips
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Self confidence
- Natural love of dogs
- Self awareness and leadership
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours
Responsibilities and Activities
- Positive Can-do! attitude; understand and display
- Possess basic dog knowledge and a natural love of animals
- Display and implement canine group play management, gate
management and behavior knowledge
- Show leadership attitude and attention
- Use Pack Management Tools throughout the day
- Practice leadership exercise: Obedience Questions
- Ability to run/move/react quickly
- Perform pet first aid when needed; able to react professionally
in emergency situations
- Dog Care Feed and water animals according to schedules and
- Mix food, medications, or food supplements according to
instructions, prescriptions, and knowledge of animal species
- Examine and observe animals to detect signs of illness,
disease, or injury Provide treatment to injured animals
- Do facility laundry and clean, organize, maintain, and
disinfect animal quarters and equipment
- Perform animal grooming duties such as washing, brushing,
clipping, and trimming coats, cutting nails, and cleaning ears
- Respond to questions from patrons, and provide information
about animals, such as behavior, habitat, eating or facility
- Order, unload, and store feed and supplies
- Collect and record animal information such as physical
condition, treatments received, medications given, and food
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds, and be on your feet
for up to 8 hours per day
- Proactively clean up after dogs throughout the shift
- Weekend shifts are required for the first 6 months Holiday
shifts are also required
- Always be respectful to fellow team members, Supervisors and
Managers. They should exude a positive and calm energy through
their attitude and their actions. This promotes positivity not only
with other team members but with the dogs in Canine To Fives care.
An A+ pack leader should always be able and willing to go the extra
mile and be a considerate team player. When you care about your
coworkers and your job, they care about you.
- Projects a positive energy, through their attitude and actions.
They respect all other employees and appreciate the hard work
everyone puts in. When you care about your coworkers and your job,
they care about you.
- Wants to lead dogs with kindness. Helping grow the dogs into a
better, stronger pack by working with individual dogs to enrich
their time. Learning names, breeds and behaviors of each dog will
help manage the pack and create a bond with each dog. Project your
voice and always look for a solution, rather than a problem when
working with the dogs.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communicators, documenting
any issues within the pack. They present opportunities for
improvement clearly and promptly when needed and follow up with
their team. Helping us all work as a team to give our customers the
best and most honest feedback from their pet's stay.
- Care about cleanliness in the facility. They understand that a
well maintained facility leads to clients continually being happy
as well as fellow team members and the dogs in our care. Care about
cleanliness, a lot. They understand a clean, organized facility is
easier when maintained regularly, and they work to keep it that
way. Having a clean facility is better for everyone involved - both
dogs and human. Keeping things clean help keep everyone happy and
- Embodies Canine To Fives core values. Makes safety a priority
and follows all playroom protocols. They are always excited to lend
a hand and take on new tasks.
- Understand that the customer is the reason why we are here, not
only their dog. Putting attention and detail into the dog's
experience will create a stronger bond for the customers.
Keywords: FERNDALE DOG DAYCARE INC, Detroit , Work With Dogs All Day - Now Hiring Pack Leaders!, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!