Control Systems Lead - Material Handling
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Work in an essential industry as a Controls Systems Lead that
offers stability, competitive pay and great benefits.
In this role you will provide support within fulfillment center
operations, focusing on maintaining, troubleshooting and modifying
material handling control systems equipment to ensure operational
performance of material handling equipment such as conveyors,
sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and
SCADA devices and programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and modifies software programs for
material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and
industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet,
Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives,
and electrical distribution systems.
- Provides first level escalation support for the Control Systems
- Escalates downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for
support to restore equipment operations.
- Monitors MHE metrics and partners with facilities/operations
for system performance issues both with assigned FC and with like
systems in similar FC systems.
- Utilizes FC system assessments to assess material handling
- Partners with Facility Operations Leadership, equipment vendors
and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology
installations. Acts as the technical consultant for capital
projects inside the buildings.
- Communicates technical issues and project timelines with
building leadership, operations and the maintenance team.
- Provides explanations of the production impacts and works
closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough
understanding of impact to systems.
- Utilizes FC network support resources for guidance and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree (AA/AS) in Mechanical or Electrical field of
study, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in Electrical or Mechanical
Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other related
- Experience with means to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot
AB RS LOGIX 500 PLC's, SCADA systems, along with PLC, Robotics
systems, HMI, and control network components and motor
- Experience with 480V 3-Phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. (Ability to
effectively present information.)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous
service to customers.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking,
climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift.
- Experience with advanced automation controls systems,
Industrial robotics, and ASRS systems preferred.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Detroit , Control Systems Lead - Material Handling, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!