STNA - Full time / Part time - The Gardens of St. Francis - Exceptional New Hourly Rates!
Company: CHI Living Communities
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the nurse in charge, the State
Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) performs the basic nursing duties
to provide for the comfort, safety and hygiene needs of residents.
The State Tested Nursing Assistant assists residents in maintaining
and possibly increasing their level of independence whenever
Reports to: Unit Manger/Nurse Supervisor
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Provides/assists residents with hygiene needs.
- Provides/assists residents with bathing, showering, and
- Assists residents with hair care, nail care, oral hygiene
(denture and mouth care), and shaving needs.
- Assists residents in meeting their hydration and nutritional
- Prompts/assists residents, including wheelchair dependent, to
the dining room for meals as appropriate.
- Serves meal trays to residents in their room promptly and
- Assists/feeds residents when necessary.
- Responsible to see that nourishment/fluids are passed at the
- Measures I&O and meal information and records in
- Provides ice water to residents and refills pitchers as
- Assists residents to attain or maintain their highest physical,
mental, and psychosocial function.
- Reports to Charge Nurse upon arrival to determine plan of care
for shift and gives report to Charge Nurse at end of
- Assists with ambulation and/or transportation needs of
- Encourages participation in facility's activities
- Reports changes in physical or mental functioning to Charge
- Assists with application of assistive devices and orthopedic
appliances as instructed.
- Provides ROM exercises as directed.
- Follows through on necessary EMR documentation requirements,
i.e. bath sheets and ADLs.
- Reports verbal/non-verbal complains of pain/"hurt" to Charge
- Provides/assists with maintenance of bowel and bladder
- Give sensitive assistance to the resident when there is an
- Assists in ambulation to the bathroom or to the commode as
- Provides bedpans or urinals in a timely manner.
- Answers call lights promptly (within 1-2 minutes).
- Maintains Foley catheter tubing in appropriate position with
bag hidden from view to degree possible and bag off the
- Assists residents in learning self-care of incontinence
episodes. i.e. application of incontinence products and explaining
proper perineal care to prevent skin breakdown.
- Reports to Charge Nurse persistent incontinence and/or
inability of resident to provide self-care.
- Provides/assists in maintaining skin integrity.
- Provides/assists with regular perineal care and as
- Checks residents using incontinence products and changes them
- Provides/assists with skin care as directed by nurse.
- Turns/repositions bedridden residents regularly (at least every
- Reports reddened skin or breakdown of skin to nurse
- Has knowledge of, and properly uses, air mattress, whirlpool,
and mechanical lifts.
- Performs designated nursing procedures.
- Weighs residents, demonstrating proper use of bed, chair, and
wheelchair scale as assigned.
- Takes temperatures utilizing electronic thermometer.
- Assists in providing a clean and safe environment.
- Changes bed linens as appropriate and discards soiled linens
according to facility policy. Bags personal laundry and keeps it
separate from facility laundry.
- Makes occupied and unoccupied beds.
- Straightens rooms and disposes of excess refuse in rooms
- Reports loss/theft/damage as soon as discovered.
- Participates in team planning for appropriate use of
- Responds promptly to all alarms, i.e. exit doors, Wanderguard,
bed and chair alarms, and seat belts.
- Transfers resident safely utilizing own gait belt, assistance
of another person, and/or mechanical lift as necessary.
- Consistently follows all SAFE program directives, i.e. filling
out aide-to-aide communication sheets, completing safety rounds
with oncoming and off-going staff every shift, reviewing resident
specific fall prevention plans at beginning of each shift and
following plan appropriately, and reviewing each resident's care
card and following directed care plan.
- Respects residents' rights and protects residents from
complications and injuries.
- Follows infection control and prevention procedures.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by
CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the
State Tested Nursing Assistant shall be required to perform all
duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with
the mission statement and core values (reverence, integrity,
compassion, excellence) of CHI Living Communities and will be
evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by
all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and
Keywords: CHI Living Communities, Detroit , STNA - Full time / Part time - The Gardens of St. Francis - Exceptional New Hourly Rates!, Other , Oregon, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!