Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist
Company: Argo AI
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you
can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative
partnerships with some of the world's largest automakers, we're
building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale
globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose
to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around
cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and
goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet The Team
Argo AI's Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialists (AVSTSs) are
responsible for operating our autonomous vehicles on public roads
to enable Argo to continue its testing, monitoring, and development
of its Autonomous Vehicle System (AVS). Prior to getting behind the
wheel, all AVSTSs undergo a rigorous training program which, among
other things, teaches them about the underlying technology of
Argo's platforms. More generally, but equally as important, AVSTSs
learn Argo's vehicle operating procedures to ensure the safety of
the communities in which Argo operates. Once training is complete,
AVSTSs are ready to safely take to the road and begin helping our
engineers and developers in their continuous efforts to improve
Argo's autonomous vehicle software. Be sure to check out our
website to learn more about how our AVSTSs play a key role in how
What You'll Do
- Perform the duties of (AVS) operations from both the left seat
(driving) and the right seat (co-driving) of Argo's vehicles.
- Undergo a detailed training program that educates and
establishes expectations for manual driving fundamentals in
autonomous vehicle operation.
- Proactively scan and evaluate dynamic traffic environments
while always remaining ready to disengage the autonomous driving
function in the event the need arises or safety requires it.
- Deliver clear and concise communications when evaluating AVS
performance, documenting both its strengths and areas for
improvement, all of which enables Argo's engineers and developers
to continuously improve Argo's autonomous driving software.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities as Argo's
autonomous driving processes and practices evolve to account for
continuing technological changes and development.
Note: This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with two years of
employment experience required. Associate or Bachelor's Degree
- Desire to be a part of a fast paced, dynamic environment where
adaptability and flexibility are essential.
- Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to meet and
sustain Argo's minimum driving requirements, which Argo evaluates
at the hiring stage and periodically thereafter by conducting motor
vehicle and criminal record background checks in accordance with
- Ability to monitor software via laptop in a moving vehicle;
type proficiently; and communicate in a clear and concise
- Work in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Strong interest in technology and software and the ability to
adapt to its ever-changing developments and improvements.
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety, honesty, and a
strict adherence to Argo's policies and procedures.
- An initial and continued ability to pass a ten-panel drug
What We Offer You
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect
voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft
protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups,
quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive
experience building robotic systems for commercial applications.
Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person
strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world's
leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is
the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S.,
and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers' global reach,
our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment
potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior
results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
an inclusive environment for all employees.
Keywords: Argo AI, Detroit , Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!