Sales Analyst - Detroit, MI
Company: Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company
Posted on: June 10, 2021
If you want a career that's challenging, exciting and loaded
with growth opportunities, being a Sales Analyst at Mutual of Omaha
may be a great fit. As a liaison between our sales staff, brokers
and home office business partners, you'll provide a broad range of
operational support. This includes managing quote activity from
brokers, coordinating RFP proposals, developing sales
presentations, ensuring state compliance and numerous
administrative duties. This role will have a meaningful impact on
achieving the company's goals.
So, if you have the power to excel in a fast-paced environment,
and strive for operational excellence, combine your power with ours
and see how far you can go.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Sales Support - Provide sales support to sales staff as
assigned. Proactively manage quote activity and broker processes.
Develop relationships with broker partners to help achieve sales
goals. May make periodic visits with sales representatives to
assist with finalist presentations, enrollment meetings and new
client meetings. Serve as a liaison for sales staff, brokers, and
home office business partners. Additional sales support/development
may be assigned "as requested"
- Proposals - Review RFPs from brokers, consultants and agents.
Prepare proposals and forward to stakeholders. Follow-up on
requests to ensure timely responses
- Rating - Underwrite and quote premium rates for: life and
long-term disability cases, which are generally under 500 lives,
and dental and short-term disability cases, which are typically
under 100 lives. Coordinate with underwriting to determine
appropriate rate and make revisions as necessary. Complete other
case processing including Broker of Record entry, revisions,
commission changes, etc.
- Sold Cases and Enrollments - Monitor the close of sales.
Coordinate installation process by partnering with appropriate
parties, using appropriate systems to ensure accuracy of paperwork
(including master application). Manage supplies and materials
required for enrollment, including voluntary cases. Review booklets
and materials received from the home office for accuracy, then
assemble for delivery to policyholders (materials may sometimes
need to be hand delivered)
- Product and Industry Knowledge - Ensure compliance of state
insurance department regulations. Remain abreast of industry trends
and product knowledge
- Office Support - May open, screen, and distribute mail,
identifying and ensuring proper disposition of correspondence
needing immediate attention. May perform office support functions
such as greeting visitors, answering/directing phone calls,
handling invoices, processing conversion requests, office expense
reports and office time reports. Schedule meetings and
appointments, coordinate travel plans, and maintain office files,
supplies and equipment
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within
the department and the larger organization. You value different
ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in
all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed
- Knowledge and understanding of Group Operation procedures for
underwriting and rating
- Effective communication and human relations skills
- Proficient personal computer skills, including a working
knowledge of various software packages, and excellent typing,
spelling, and grammar skills
- Understanding of the laws governing the insurance industry
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community
and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental,
vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit
our Career Site.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product
customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability
creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to
experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you'll have the tools to be your best self at
work. Here you'll do meaningful work and your talents will have a
positive impact on peoples' lives as we help our customers protect
what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse,
dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become
engaged feel a sense of belonging and contribute to the company's
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND
EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact
our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if
you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our
career center as a result of your disability. To request an
accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at
1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30
pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity
/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to
Advertised: Apr 28, 2021 09:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Keywords: Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, Detroit , Sales Analyst - Detroit, MI, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!