Product and Strategy Analyst
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that's
more than some cliche people put on job postings. We live this
stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests,
families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to
them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as
well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From
generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we
strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch
themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and
learn new things. You're constantly evolving, so shouldn't your
opportunities be, too?
The role will drive and support operational initiatives and
activities for the North American auto operations group. Ally's
ability to bring on new business will be dependent on our ability
to continuously improve our product line up against the
competition. This requires a dedicated and focused professional to
measure and monitor Ally product offering effectiveness. As a
member of the Product Management team you will be required to
respond quickly to business opportunities as they arise while
maintaining day-to-day operational activities.
The Work Itself
- Serve as project manager for incoming project requests and
- Document and prioritize new projects, document requirements,
conduct impact assessments, track action items, resolve any issues
associated with the request, monitor work schedule to ensure
project is delivered on schedule, and facilitate approvals for
- Work with business partners to identify opportunities for
policy or process improvements
- Write and publish internal communications to announce
policy/process changes and promotions
- Effectively manage numerous projects concurrently
- Review the promotion implementation process to improve
efficiency: project management methodology, process, tools,
- Assist with any new projects or products as needed
- Work with Partners to obtain guidance / approval on product or
The Skills You Bring
- 1+ years in customer service or financial services industry is
preferred. Prior leadership experience is preferred
Bachelor's degree in business related discipline preferred.
- Education may be used as a proxy
- Cognitive thought process abilities are necessary to ensure all
responsibilities are accurately and effectively completed,
resulting in a favorable relationship with our external and
internal business partners.
- Auto finance experience is desirable.
- Ideal candidate would also demonstrate ability to recommend
process and procedure improvements to increase effectiveness and
- Advanced knowledge of PC applications, including extensive
knowledge of Excel and the suite of MS Office programs.
- SharePoint and Data reporting knowledge preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with imperfect data and apply sound financial
assumptions to derive meaningful results preferred.
- Candidate should have auto finance experience and must be
flexible and eager to learn new processes and systems, exhibit
critical thinking skills, possess problem solving abilities, and
remain comfortable in a changing environment.
- Ability to perform technical based activities
- Knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles
- Leveraging technical expertise and relationships to contribute
to strategy and drive business results
- Self-starter, detail-oriented and able to work
How We'll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay
and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving
personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation - or
total rewards - extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to
support and enrich your personal and professional life,
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off,
including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with
an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and
company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance
programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and
insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health
Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being
program that helps you and your family stay on track physically,
socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support
as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and
adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters
Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight
Watchers program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial
services company with passionate customer service and innovative
financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it
Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our
consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more
information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status,
military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason
protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities.
For accommodation requests, email us at email@example.com. Ally will
not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of
performing the essential functions of the job with or without
Keywords: Ally, Detroit , Product and Strategy Analyst, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!