Lithium Ion Cell Component Technical Specialist
Company: General Motors
Posted on: June 10, 2021
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero
Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are
passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways
for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight,
but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century,
we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where
differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can
contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our
locations feature a variety of work environments, including open
work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire
productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to
support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority
to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
- Master strong theoretical and practical knowledge of cathode,
anode, electrolyte, and separator materials, as well as how these
components work together to make a high-performance cell.
- Lead or conduct various characterizations on the raw materials
and implement traditional or innovative material synthesis
techniques. Lead or conduct cell component verification and
validation internally, with suppliers or third party.
- Create, design and release cell component designs and design
- Lead or carry out test to analyze properties of the cell
components, draw conclusions and share reports to other members in
the cross-functional group.
- Be the in-house expert in maintaining a robust and inclusive
safety environment in own area of responsibility.
- Collaborate well with other team members in the
cross-functional group, as well as with other teams in the company
to work out solutions.
- Proactively engage with advanced technology that may be
applicable for next generation raw materials, component materials,
active material synthesis, manufacturing and process. Apply to own
work and corporate strategies. Recommend new designs and new market
Additional Job Description
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials, Chemical, Electrochemical,
Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Extensive experience with Li Ion raw materials chemistry and
- Strong hands-on knowledge with electrolyte, cathode, anode and
separator materials and processing for Lithium-Ion battery.
Demonstrated understanding and practice of solid electrolyte and/or
Li Metal materials and cell design.
- Proficiency in chemical handling and safe lab practices,
experience with industrial workplace hazards and corresponding
programs is a plus.
- Familiar with various material characterization techniques,
such as SEM, XRD, PSD, BET, TGA, etc.
- Familiar and/or practicing with computational chemistry and
software such as COMSOL, BIOVIA Material Design Studio, Battery
Design Studio, Python, MatLab, TeamCenter, NX, Model Center,
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading projects with external
supplier/partners through complete product development cycles.
Demonstrated budgeting and on-time, accurate payments related to
- Demonstrated experience writing winning proposals, development
agreements and executive summaries
- Demonstrated experience writing Statements of Development Work
(SODW) and Statement of Requirements (SOR)
- Ability to work multi-task with cross-functional teams.
- Strong passion for startups and energy industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace cultural values for corporate Results & Behaviors:
Inclusion; Look Ahead; It's On Me; One Team; Safety; Winning With
Integrity; Be Bold; Innovate Now
- Demonstrates ability to assimilate information and data from
numerous sources, both internal and external; makes critical
decisions; leads the team through the execution of those decisions;
and ultimately is accountable to those decisions
- Self-starter, with ability to work independently and with all
levels of internal organization and suppliers/technology partners
to overcome obstacles and achieve results.
- Proven ability to directly lead and/or co-lead multiple tasks
- Strong collaboration, negotiating, and conflict resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills to succeed in a multifunctional team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially Project,
Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Builds safety, quality and compliance into all actions;
committed to continuous learning and self-improvement
- Takes action and displays behaviors that demonstrate ownership
in the success of the project and company. Demonstrates focus on
meeting both internal and external Cell Supplier/Technology Partner
needs when identifying, prioritizing and accomplishing tasks.
- Demonstrates ability to lead teams to reach desired outcomes.
Evaluates existing work processes and initiates practices to
promote continuous improvement
- Demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency with creative
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to
support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our
comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in
addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental
leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help
you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize
and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not
only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters
inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce
diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive
and develop better products for our customers. We understand and
embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether
through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer
opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us at
Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors, Detroit , Lithium Ion Cell Component Technical Specialist, Other , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!