SAP IT Analyst, OTC
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The SAP IT Analyst will manage the review, analyze, debug, and
modification to the design and function of the SAP business system.
In this position, you will be responsible for configuring and
maintaining new and existing functionality in multiple SAP modules,
including SD / WM / QM. You will plan, organize, direct, and
provide continuous improvements in multiple modules of SAP to all
projects implementing the BorgWarner Enterprise template and to
facilities using this template while following the Change Control
Activities include championing the use of common concepts,
standards, procedures and best practices within SAP. You must work
well with support teams, Service Delivery Managers (SDM) and
Business Relationship Managers (BRM) to provide system support,
while sharing knowledge and understanding. Diligently pursue
enhancements to ensure the system is being used properly and fully
to meet the business needs. Can gather business requirements and
convert them into development design/programming specifications. Be
able to work independently, while prioritizing, perform functional
testing, and customizing/configuration, create documentation, and
conducting end user training.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis,
requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process
descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources,
reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details,
abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding,
and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under
direction of project managers.
- Strong analytical and software management skills required,
including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer
business needs and translate them into application and operational
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to interact professionally with a diverse group,
executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal
and external customers) and the software development team through
which requirements flow. Be the liaison between the business units,
technology teams and support teams.
- Take initiative to complete challenging assignments,
participate in teams and foster their progress, and create
opportunities for improvement in key business processes.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how
they will successfully execute their plans.
- Tests, documents, and conducts end user training regarding
system enhancements to ensure the system is being used properly and
that it is meeting business needs.
- Prepares program specifications, diagrams and develops coding
logic. Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to
establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between
usability and performance needs.
- Prioritize among multiple assignments and indirect reporting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple
projects and deadlines.
- Preform as an SAP solution architect, accountable for the
design and implementation of ECC Business Suite on HANA
capabilities supporting the Order to Cash workstream; order
management, pricing, delivery processing, billing, customer order
related reporting and EDI
- Accountable for planning and executing the day-to-day
activities of the Order to Cash (OTC) workstream
- Leverage leading-practice business process knowledge,
proficiency for Order to Cash and apply the client's business
- Support business development activities such as identification,
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the business
processes and associated software configuration with respect to
Order to Cash module
- Foster and maintain ongoing internal relationships with the
Customer Service and Order Fulfillment teams
- Define business problems and translate into system solutions
including analysis of alternatives
- Participate in the development process to analyze internal
client requirements, determine fit and customizations, develop
proposals, develop cost estimates, and present solutions to
- Analyze data and develop logical business application solutions
to problems by working with the IT team and the user teams
- Write specifications for new development and system
- Lead an active role in the design, testing, and implementation
phases of a project. Must be able to work in a team environment,
with significant day to day contact with business users
- Understand and comply with the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Identify offerings for new services and ideas and assist with
the development of these capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related discipline
- 15+ years' configuration experience with SAP SD and EDI
modules, knowledge of other modules would be beneficial.
- Experience with multiple full cycle SAP implementation,
supporting the configuration of SAP modules is a must.
- Industry specific experience with SAP Automotive Tier 1
Supplier solution is a must.
- Clear ability to discuss and demonstrated the design,
configuration, and testing of SAP functionality to include, but not
limited to: SD and WM integration with PP and FICO modules; Testing
- Unit, String, Integration; Customizations; Enhancements;
Upgrades; Interfaces; Idocs; Data migration; SAP Inventory;
Labeling; Shipping; EDI standards and processes; Quotation;
Contracts; Sales Orders; Scheduling Agreements; Third Party Sales;
Intercompany Stock Transport Order; Pricing; Rebates; Warranties;
Returns Management; Credit Management; Free Goods Processing;
Material Determination; Invoicing.
- Experience managing outside consulting firms, with
service-based agreements, to deliver quality development /
- Experience and configuration knowledge with SAP Fiori, RF,
TecCom and ITS Mobile would be beneficial.
- ABAP programming knowledge or experience with HANA would be
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
This position will adhere to safety rules, practices, and
training as outlined in all BorgWarner safety policies and
procedures. This individual will work in manners that stress the
importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take
every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the
protection of themselves and coworkers. In addition, he/she is
responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous
situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate
Internal Use Only: Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Detroit , SAP IT Analyst, OTC, Other , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!