Sr Customer Business Manager
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and
We don't just sell things. We offer solutions to tomorrow's
Our sales approach begins by identifying customer demands before
they become challenges. We're committed to delivering customer
success through our comprehensive expertise in software and
Business leader of our external facing customer business.
Recognized both internally and externally as the Honeywell leader
and overall business manager for assigned US Army Ground and
Navigation customer portfolios that includes DA Warren, AMRDEC, PM
Stryker, Paladin. Abrams, General Dynamic Land Systems, BAE and
others. Profit/Loss Leader that exceeds $60M in annual revenue for
all business with assigned customer portfolio. Drives program
execution and business growth in alignment with the GBE product
strategy. Successfully develops strong relationships with customer
and thoroughly understands the customers' business and strategic
direction in order to drive execution and identify opportunities to
profitably grow Honeywell's business with the customer.
- Achieve Business Financial Objectives:
- Achieves business objectives and customer commitments including
financial (revenue, gross margin, OI and cash), operational
(delivery, quality), and technical (product reliability)
- Directly responsible for finished goods inventory, accounts
receivable and management of customer product demand, and
identification and capture of new growth opportunities.
- Responsible for long-term objectives such as year-over-year
growth, profitability, and win rate, as well as near-term forecast
- Responsible for Short Range Outlook (SRO) development and
attainment, including SRO risks/opportunities, developing and
communicating financial forecasts, and all customer demand planning
as part of the Sales Inventory and Operating Planning (SIOP)
- Responsible for achieving the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and
5-year Strategic Plan (STRAP) for assigned customers.
- Responsible for OEM program fee analysis. Supports AME/ISC to
reduce product cost and improve gross margin.
- Plans and manages discretionary budgets and responsible for
Finished Goods Inventory (FGI) and Accounts Receivable (AR)
elements of cash.
Achieving Customer Operational Goals:
- Facilitates organizational performance to achieve OTTR,
past-due, quality and reliability targets
- Responsible for customer demand management (stable, linear,
accurate product demand and avoidance of SLT orders and demand
volatility), customer ordering behavior and use of best practices
(e.g. portal, EDI)
- Takes ownership for customer usage of the portal for order
entry and status information.
- Maintains Customer Excellence Plan (CEP). Owner of VOC with the
subject customer base for all assigned programs.
- Selects and manages distribution and MRO partners where
- Prepares and leads Customer Meetings and various reviews
related to demand and order mgmt.
- Provides customer demand planning inputs. Partners with demand
management on rate based forecasting and negotiate flat rate repair
- Assures adherence to contract, schedule, cost, regulatory
agency, and international trade compliance requirements.
- May be assigned as Proposal Leader per Clearing House
Achieve Growth Goals:
- Responsible for near and long-term growth aligned with customer
business strategy and GBE product portfolio strategy.
- Fosters growth through idea generation, customer interface, new
business proposal generation and subsequent execution.
- Leads Economic Consideration (ECON and ACAT) activities.
- Partners with Honeywell functional teams to grow the
- Supports or leads campaigns; collaborates with customers on
their future plans / opportunities.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating Offset fulfillment
plans with Offset Council and monitoring and controlling their
implementation to ensure obligations are met. Identifies and
implements productivity improvements to continuously improve
Utilization of Tools and Processes:
- Leads Aero Credit & Approval Tool (price concession) activities
(e.g. nonstandard terms)
- Prepares expected orders for fulfillment (Forecasting Demand
and demand management, APO, SFDC, SIOP).
- Manages SFDC information including opportunity timelines,
revenue forecasts, next actions, customer info, etc.
Leadership, Communication & Coordination:
- Develops Management Operating System (MOS) to coordinate
functional activities in support of business objectives.
- Owner and effective communicator of issues and resolution plans
with customers such as quality issues and corrective actions
- Provides leadership to the Customer Core Team (C&PS, FSE,
and PM) and cross-functional team (E&T, ISC, Contracts/Legal,
Finance, Marketing, Program Planning and Control, International
Trade Compliance,Technical Sales, and Customer and Product
- Engages in the Product Action Committee (PAC) teams as the SBU
- Leads and/or supports various meetings to include Customer,
Cross-Functional, Growth, red program reviews, PMRs, and MORs.
- Addresses escalations in a timely and effective manner and
performs actions on delivery, pricing/quotes, repair status,
- Partners with Contracts & Licensing to develop & negotiate
overarching customer agreements (GTAs, BOAs, MRO, AWAR, Dealer,
Distribution, Logistics, R&O, MSAs, funded sustainment support,
- Manages export agreement requests and authorizations based upon
export policies and procedures
- Collaborates with Government Relations on GR message
- Clears business processing holds (e.g. Credit hold, SPIRs,
TMS-customer portal, export license).
- Champions and drives change management in order to align with
the broader organizational goals and direction
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 8 years of Engineering, Sales or Business Management
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to
- Previous business experience, including but not limited to
business management, engineering, sales, operations, finance,
contracts, customer support
- Demonstrated successful program management and/or business
- Leadership experience in broad functional role
- Department of Defense experience preferred
- Working business and/or technical knowledge of the TALIN family
of Navigation and Pointing systems preferred
- Knowledge of DOD Contracting to include FAR12, 13 and 15
- Masters Degree or MBA preferred
- Previous Program Management experience preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Proven track record of effective customer management and
- Working knowledge of business and financial fundamentals
(Profit & Loss analysis, Investment analysis, Balance Sheet, Green
- Knowledge of fundamental functional principles with the ability
to optimize business performance in cooperation with Engineering,
Sales & Marketing and Customer Support, and ISC
- Ability to make sound decisions and take quick action to ensure
- Ability to manage multiple customers, issues and proposals
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- JOB ID: HRD122444
- Category: Sales
- Location: 1944 E Sky Harbor Circle,Phoenix,Arizona,85034,United
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Detroit , Sr Customer Business Manager, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!