Location: Allen Park
Posted on: June 10, 2021
This position will consist of developing and supporting various
engineering projects related to the development, validation, and
testing of powertrain/vehicle control systems in the OE and
- Develop or assist in the development of a statement of
requirements for engineering projects. Confer with customer to
review and clarify requirements.
- Directly modify or specify new components of the data
acquisition system to ensure it meets customer design and
performance requirements for powertrain/vehicle system development
- Research, analyze, and assist in the implementation of
innovative methods to collect and present powertrain/vehicle
systems data and information, which increases value to the
- Gather voice of the customer feedback for software design
engineers to solve customer issues and implement new solutions to
satisfy customer needs related to powertrain/vehicle system
development, validation, and testing.
- Review customer data and reports to verify correctness,
completeness, data fidelity, and value
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to root cause and
resolve system malfunctions, implement operating procedures, and
provide technical information to the customer.
- Conduct engineering tests that will analyze the feasibility,
design, operation, and performance of Control-Tec equipment,
software, and systems
- Establish and maintain customer/internal data creation
- Maintain customer/supplier contact and assist in Supplier
- Develop engineering solutions within assigned project(s) scope
- Contribute to project quotes, various reports, presentations,
- Continue to stay current in training in the latest calibration
- Bachelor's Degree -Automotive, Electrical or Mechanical
- Knowledge of OE & aftermarket engine, OBD, transmission or
vehicle systems calibration, validation, and development.
- Knowledge of product development tools including data
acquisition, management, and analysis tools
- Knowledge of programming languages such as python and/or C
- Knowledge or experience in working for Commercial Vehicle or
Passenger Car companies
- Experience or education in data science
- Strong written and oral communication skills. This role
interacts with both external customers and internal
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference. Must be able to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
- Ability to see the "big picture" and understand how individual
tasks interconnect and impact other parts of the testing
Aptiv rewards and advantages
Competitive compensation with bonus potential
Competitive health benefits
401K with matching contribution
Learning and development opportunities
Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
Recognition for innovation and excellence
Opportunities to give back to the community
Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and
creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv's success.
Everyday our diverse team comes together, drives innovation,
pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique
abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings.
When you join our team, you'll get encouraged to think boldly,
express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some see technology. We see a way to make connections.
At Aptiv, we don't just see the world differently; we work to
change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the
rules of what's possible in the pursuit of making transportation
safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than
160,000 of us globally, located in 44 countries, and united by one
mission. Join the movement and together, let's change tomorrow.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aptiv, Detroit , Project Engineer, Other , Allen Park, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!