P&C Account Manager
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that's
more than some clich people put on job postings. We live this
stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests,
families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to
them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as
well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From
generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we
strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch
themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and
learn new things. You're constantly evolving, so shouldn't your
opportunities be, too?
Ally is currently looking to add an Account Manager to its team
in downtown Detroit. This is an excellent opportunity to use your
experience to manage insurance accounts and grow your career.
The P&C Account Manager provides superior customer service
for policy change, proof of insurance, and billing support to our
auto dealer customers and supports the sales staff in completing
applications and gathering supporting documents for submissions.
Responsible for being the primary contact for customers, providing
timely and accurate responses to all internal and external
The Work Itself
- Respond to requests for application information, coverage,
rating, billing and policy service.
- Responsible for generating certificates of insurance, ID cards,
and processing surety bond requests
- Interact with underwriters at non-affiliated insurance
companies to secure coverage not underwritten by Ally.
- Analyze financial statements and building information to
determine recommended coverage limits
- Review employee census to classify employees into rating
- Responsible to ensure that new and renewal business information
is collected and submitted in a timely manner and applications are
- Support teammates with quality control peer reviews and to
verify accuracy of proposals and policies
- Pursue personal development opportunities in industry,
technical abilities, and interpersonal communication
The Skills You Bring
- MI Property and Casualty producer license preferred - if not
currently licensed, Ally will provide training and licensing within
3 months of hire as required for the role. Ally will facilitate
non-resident licensing in remaining 50 U.S. jurisdictions
- 3 + years in commercial lines insurance preferred. Insurance or
Financial industry experience required.
- 3 + years business to business customer service experience
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Associate / Bachelor's
degree in business related discipline preferred.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated
individual who works well in a team environment
- Ability to perform technical tasks required to support ongoing
- Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs,
Salesforce or equivalent CRM application, editing pdf documents,
comfortable navigating Windows file folder structure
- Strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and adapting to
How We'll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay
and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving
personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation - or
total rewards - extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to
support and enrich your personal and professional life,
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off,
including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with
an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and
company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance
programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and
insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health
Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being
program that helps you and your family stay on track physically,
socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support
as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and
adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters
Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight
Watchers program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial
services company with passionate customer service and innovative
financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it
Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our
consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more
information, visit www.ally.com
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status,
military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason
protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities.
For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will
not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of
performing the essential functions of the job with or without
Keywords: Ally, Detroit , P&C Account Manager, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!