If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or
temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here
(http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to
Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn
how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review
this quick reference guide
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Material Planning Associate III will be responsible for
operational functions, independent decision making related to
material availability and inventory control.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Follow-up all purchased parts to ensure shipment and on-time
delivery performance to support production requirements
- Serve as main point of contact for all suppliers. Provide
direction to suppliers regarding ship schedule requirements and
containment plan when behind schedule. Includes decision making on
timing for supplier ship schedules - allowing them to push material
out, pull ahead and expedite material as needed based on inventory
coverage at plant
- Track critical parts and develop/execute containment plan to
ensure no interruptions or down time to manufacturing line,
inclusive of decision making on mode and required delivery window
to ensure continuity of production
- Coordinate and/or arrange for alternative sources of material,
requests for spot buys, if necessary (SPO and other GM Plants)
- Independent monitoring, set-up, and cancellation of truck loads
for material pick-up, as necessary to support schedule variations.
Ensure proper material coverage at lowest possible cost for
- Review part buffers to determine that they cover build
requirements. (Metal Centers and Powertrain).
- Document and manage S and AV code exceptions (Assembly Plants)
including Alarm Interval maintenance. Determine root-cause and take
- MGO Data Maintenance. Maintain accurate inventory levels in
MGO, making appropriate adjustments where necessary. Make judgments
on posting inventory adjustments based on investigation and
analysis. Investigate and process any record adjustment requests
from the previous shift
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships
within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups,
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time
- Strong organizational, problem solving and communication
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible work schedule
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- One (1) year or more administrative experience preferred.
- Five (5) years or more relevant experience strongly
Materials Planning & Scheduling
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet,
transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000
customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every
day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading
technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an
expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses,
and some of the most talented people in the industry.