Financial Aid Advisor
Company: Dorsey Schools
Location: Madison Heights
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Develop and finalize student financial plans consistent with the
financial aid department policies and procedures, and Federal/State
regulations for awarding student aid. Work closely with students
and their families with the application and awarding procedures.
Also, assist students and their families by providing resources and
information on eligibility and application requirements for Federal
Student Aid and other sources of financial assistance.
- Assist students when applying for financial aid during the
enrollment process; also assisting students with re-application and
maintenance of funding throughout their program.
- Provide information and resources to students regarding
financial aid program requirements and procedures.
- Evaluate documented financial need and all documentation
submitted by students.
- Review financial aid applications and forms completed. Review
for completeness, accuracy, then verify information reported on
student applications to determine eligibility for awards, and
- Ensure that all necessary documents are entered and processed
using the institutions financial aid management software and
- Assist in follow-up of students institutional loan or financing
- Assist in answering phones, directing calls, and other
administrative support when necessary.
- Demonstrate integrity, ethical behavior in working with
confidential information and maintain a high level of
confidentiality. Abide by Federal and institutional code of
- Apply the rules of and comply with federal, state, and
institutional regulations governing student financial aid.
- Maintain current working knowledge of guidelines/regulations
related to job responsibilities.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Enrollment Services,
Education department, and other school personnel.
- Participate in all financial aid training, meetings, and events
- Provide exemplary customer service by going the extra mile for
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS ABILITIES:
- Must possess excellent customer service, communication, and
organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player, possess a strong work ethic, and be able
to coordinate multiple tasks while meeting required deadlines.
- Must be capable of working independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the
- Proficient with basic office equipment, computers, and computer
applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess strong time management skills and ability to work
well under pressure.
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and show
extreme resourcefulness and problem solving skills.
- Extensive use of office equipment including personal computer,
multi-line phone system, copier, printer, and facsimile.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required; two-year or
four-year degree preferred.
- One year of customer service or related experience preferred,
but not required.
- Financial aid experience preferred, but not required.
- A proven work record as a Financial Aid Advisor, Administrative
Assistant, Bookkeeper, Bank Teller, or in a related field is
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit for
extended periods of time, and have sufficient hand, arm, and finger
dexterity to operate a phone, computer keyboard, and other office
equipment. Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 pounds.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES FOR
THIS EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE VALID PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY
TO WORK IN THE U.S.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive
and the employee may be required to perform other duties as
assigned by their Manager, in order to meet business demands. This
is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise and employment
with Dorsey Schools is at-will.
Keywords: Dorsey Schools, Detroit , Financial Aid Advisor, Other , Madison Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!