Controls Engineer - Robot
Company: Thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Controls Engineer is responsible for the programming,
installation, debug, and commissioning of robotic and PLC software
equipment related to Company projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Programming, troubleshooting, and preparation of robots to
- Develop and implement software designs from functional
specifications utilizing Siemens S7 and other software packages.
Executes software product design, feasibility studies, preparation
of specifications and technical documentation.
- Perform robot debug and commission activities on shop floor and
- Perform PLC debug and commission activities on shop floor and
- Carries out engineering solutions and designs in compliance
with engineering principles, company standards, customer
requirements and project specifications.
- Prepare software documentation for customer approval, and final
- Addresses potential problems and carries out appropriate
actions individually or proposes solutions to the project engineer
depending on the severity of the problem.
- Comply with and enforce all company and customer safety
- Regular attendance at the assigned job site(s).ThyssenKrupp
System Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics,
disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or
any other protected characteristic required by applicable
law.Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, and 4 years of
experience, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Working experience programming ABB Robots is required
- Working experience programming with Siemens Step 7 is
- Proven success programming and debugging Fanuc, KUKA, or other
- Experience with AB Control Logix and Schneider (telemechanique)
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical and hardware
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from
customers and suppliers.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
ThyssenKrupp System Engineering, Inc. offers a full benefit
package including: Vacation, 401k with company match, educational
reimbursement, Medical coverage, Flex Spending, Prepaid Legal and
Company provided dental, vision, life, short term and long term
Keywords: Thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation, Detroit , Controls Engineer - Robot, Other , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!