Lead Officer (A)
Company: Securitas Security Services Usa, Inc.
Location: Hazel Park
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Provides lead direction to Security Officers at assigned client
site(s) on assigned shift(s). Performs duties of Security Officer
within scope of assignment. Observes and reports activities and
incidents, providing for the security and safety of client property
and personnel. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and
to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves
order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the
site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
Provides lead direction to Security Officers while on shift and
performs other duties of a more responsible and demanding level, as
defined by client contract.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are
required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of
company policies and procedures related to job safety, including
safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify
superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
Performs the duties of a Security Officer in accord with post
orders and company policy.
Provides lead direction at assigned client site(s) on assigned
shift(s); acts to ensure that post orders are followed, that
established rounds are completed, and that adequate reports are
filed; notifies proper authorities and client in emergency
May counsel and discipline personnel as appropriate; seeks
advice from company management or designated representatives as
appropriate; meets personally with employees and documents
counseling and disciplinary actions.
Assists in the training of Security Officers and review of post
Assists in the submission of payroll and personnel information
to the company as designated.
In conjunction with company management or designated company
representatives acts to ensure adequate security coverage of all
Prepares, files and submits various reports as required.
Inspects posts as scheduled and meets with subordinates to
outline tasks and responsibilities.
Meets with client representatives as scheduled or as needed to
provide assurance that all security requirements are being met and
to provide quality customer service.
- As assigned, in accordance with applicable company policies and
procedures and in compliance with state and federal laws, carries
out lead or supervisory duties that can include some or all of the
following: interviewing, orienting and training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems; and, making hiring and
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive
preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing
to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process, including drug screen and background
H.S. diploma or G.E.D., and 1 year of security-related training
or experience sufficient to meet the requirements of the assigned
site, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, as
determined by the company.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training,
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state,
county and municipal licensing requirements for Security
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for
specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to provide positive direction and motivate
- Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and
- Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished
in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to various sites and changes in post
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact
effectively with clients, at various social levels and across
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical
and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions.
In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging
individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing
requirements and site-specific requirements.
- Directing and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to
communicate with employees and clients, observe and report
incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required
for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and
walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling,
crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds, occasional
lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds, and additional lifting
and/or moving ability as might be required for the assigned
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust
- May be required to use vehicle for the performance of
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather
or be required to work in environments or under conditions that
require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of
personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and
Keywords: Securitas Security Services Usa, Inc., Detroit , Lead Officer (A), Other , Hazel Park, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!