Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position is responsible for executing their daily role
within the Farm department to achieve the weekly objectives. This
role is responsible for a variety of duties to maintain and garden
the farm as instructed by leadership. This position must fulfill
their role with efficient productivity and accuracy. The Farmer
role must participate in their job with professionalism and safety,
consistently. The Farmer will report to the Leads of Farm and
Supervisor of Farm.
Procedures & Tasks
- Follow the instructions to complete duties and tasks asked by
the leadership of the department to maintain and garden the
- Manicuring and defoliating plants to maintain health and
- Preparing and loading tables.
- Transferring plants from different areas of facility stages of
- Ensuring the accurate scanning of METRC tags for newly loaded
- Trellising tables with the plants for proper growth.
- Building a plant canopy with trellis to optimize growth.
- Harvesting mature plants to then transfer and securely
transport to the Trim department.
- Cleaning and maintaining all areas, equipment, and material
throughout the cultivation.
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to
assisting other departments to help facilitate the additional
and/or supplemental work, such as, Trim dept tasks, Cure dept
tasks, Packaging dept tasks, IPM dept tasks, Irrigation dept tasks,
cleaning, and light maintenance as needed throughout the
Workspace and Material Maintenance
- Ensure organization and cleanliness of the immediate work
- Contribute to instructed cleaning, sanitizing, and organization
in the cultivation.
- Participate with efficient productivity and teamwork when
resetting a cultivation space for reload.
- Contribute and support to associates with a safe, well
maintained, and organized work area.
- After use of equipment or supply, follow through with cleaning
and organizing SOPs.
Compliance and Reporting
- Follow all instructed state and federal compliance
- Report any improper action of compliance regulations.
- Following instructed procedures will maintain compliance and
safety. Any compliance or safety mistake or error created must be
reported to the leadership of the department.
- Reporting data input as instructed for METRC plant tags.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Leads of Farm and
Supervisor of Farm.
- This person does not supervise others.
- To apply for a new position, employees must have served within
this position for at least three months and be in good-standing
before submitting the Grow Transfer Request form to the direct
- Able to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or
standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing and
warehouse environment. This position is part of a fast paced
- Working in warmer, agricultural conditions, wearing cover-all
uniforms for protective layering.
- Able to kneel, bend, reach, rotate, and stoop on an
intermittent to regular basis daily.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Consistent on-time attendance for all scheduled shifts.
Prepared for full 40 hour week working scheduled shifts with
occasional overtime shifts to complete daily and weekly
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft,
motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations
- One year of work experience in a related industry or work
- Experience working in a fast-paced production environment
- Demonstrates ability to consistently meet productivity and
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates professional and respectful demeanor towards
others. Demonstrates respectful verbal and written communication
- Knowledge and background in cannabis cultivating
- Must be able to secure appropriate work credentials from the
State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Marijuana Regulatory Agency Enforcement Division.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Productive Work Ethic
- Respectful Communication
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Quality, Compliant, and Safe Results
- Willing to take Direction
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications
associated with this job.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Livwell, Detroit , Cannabis Farmer, Other , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!