Company: Mayville Engineering Company, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
In this role you will have accountability for the overall
manufacturing organization, manufacturing support, process
improvement, quality, and direct P&L. Responsible for
efficiency, quality and operational improvement programs with
accountability for safety, productivity, cost, headcount planning
and support of strategic initiatives and projects.
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities,
some of those responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive continuous improvement initiatives in safety,
quality, productivity, inventory, supply chain, leadership
- Plan, develop and implement operational policies to ensure the
organization operates at peak productivity and profitability.
- Manage plans and changes in operations based on sales
- Ensures accurate completion of monthly operations reports,
KPI's and works with plant manager and finance to evaluate against
objectives, operating costs and project management status. Makes
adjustments in plans based on variances.
- Maintains a commitment to the company vision through exemplary
leadership style and structured performance management
- Frequently communicates with direct reports and management
counterparts, using a forthright, supportive approach
- Evaluate, manage and motivate all direct reports with a strong
emphasis on planning, organization, preparation, follow-up and
- Support a lean, high-performance culture that rewards
overachievement and encourages continuous improvement at all levels
of the organization.
- Communicate clearly and directly with employees concerning
performance expectations, productivity, and accountability.
- Key focus on safety, equipment allocation/utilization and
Why Work for MEC?
We don't want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest
fabricator in the nation for 10 years in a row. That recognition
isn't handed out without a lot of hard work and dedication from
more than 2,000 employee shareholders at MEC. Did we say
shareholders? YES! MEC is an employee-owned company that is highly
involved and actively supports the communities in which our
facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad
range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining,
Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of
markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational
Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining,
Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an
aggressive growth plan, operating 20 manufacturing facilities that
are strategically located near its customers in eight states
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Engineering, Manufacturing, or
Business Administration or equivalent and five or more years
related work experience and/or training.
- The ideal candidate should direct experience in supervision
with proven leadership skills in motivating and developing people,
metal bending and fabricating, IATF 16949/ISO 9001/ISO 14001
Quality Standards and leading Continuous Improvement
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher is preferred.
Keywords: Mayville Engineering Company, Inc., Detroit , Operations Manager, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!