Company: Wayne RESA
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- High school education and/or work experience and training
acceptable to the Board of Education
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment (vacuums, buffers,
- Ability to work from scaffolding and ladders, lift heavy (up to
50 pounds) items to a height of three (3) feet and carry a
reasonable distance, and work in inclement weather as
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) and
- Ability to work with staff, students, vendors, and community in
a positive and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated record of good attendance and pride in one's
- Ability to work with minimal amount of direct supervision.
- Exhibit positive attitude and pride in the work assignment and
in the appearance of the building and equipment.
- Ability to pass physical examination and criminal background
check for federal and state.
- Other qualifications as deemed necessary by the Board of
- Valid Driver's Licenses
PREFERRED: Boiler Certification and/or Electrical and/or HVAC
REPORTS TO: Business Manager and/or Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To maintain the physical school facilities in a
condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety that
allows full educational use of the facilities at all times.
- Performs usual custodial duties, such as mopping, stripping,
washing, buffing, dusting, and scrubbing on walls, ceilings,
furniture, fixtures and windows,
- Operates and monitors minor maintenance heating, ventilation
and other similar equipment, including changing filters and
- Performs minor maintenance, replace light bulbs, minor
painting, repair or replacement of furniture, windows, lights and
other building equipment.
- Interacts with staff, students and community in a positive and
cooperative manner. Performs custodial services for the staff
members as appropriate.
- Promptly reports malfunctions of equipment and furniture to
head custodian and/or supervisor.
- Maintains custodial closets and common storage areas in good
working order, and disposes of rubbish and trash promptly and
- Maintains an overall awareness of building custodial needs
personally and/or communicates problems/concerns to head custodian
- Performs ground work such as mowing, weeding, and cultivating,
fertilizing and trash removal as assigned. Responsible for snow
removal and salting sidewalks, etc.
- Receives and distributes deliveries and assists in the
preparation of supply requisitions and problem/alert forms.
- During periods of school recesses, performs major cleaning
tasks such as stripping of floors, repainting, heavy duty cleaning
of rest rooms, etc. (Goal is to restore all areas as close to new
- Attends seminars and in service training
- Available for emergency and/or overtime assignments
- Assist vendors, inspectors and contractors as needed
- Responsible for opening and checking building.
- Responsible for closing and securing of building
- Maintains communication with building principal and other
custodians regarding building usage, rentals, setup needs and
- Performing other related duties as deemed necessary by the
building principal or other administrator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Fifty-two (52) weeks per year. Salary as determined in the
agreement between the Board of Education and the Union.
EVALUATION: At least one evaluation will be completed during the
initial ninety (90) day probationary program, another at the
completion of the probationary program and at least annually
START DATE: Immediately
LOCATION: Harper Woods Middle School - 19800 Anita St., Harper
DEADLINE: Until Filled
APPLICATION PROCESS: Persons interested in applying for this
position should obtain an employment application
(www.hwschools.org); under the Our District tab c Job Posting and
send a cover letter, resume and the application to the address
Note: Board of Education policy requires that each successful
applicant be free of past serious legal infractions as determined
through a criminal records check with local, state, and federal law
It is the policy of the School District of the City of Harper
Woods that no discriminatory practices based on gender, race,
religion, color, age, national origin, disability, height, weight,
or any other status covered by federal, state, or local law be
allowed in providing instructional opportunities, programs,
services, job placement assistance, employment or in policies
governing student conduct or attendance.
Keywords: Wayne RESA, Detroit , Custodian, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!