Enterprise Solution Architect
Company: General Motors
Posted on: June 12, 2021
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero
Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are
passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways
for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight,
but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century,
we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where
differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can
contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our
locations feature a variety of work environments, including open
work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire
productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to
support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority
to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
What You Do
- Customer focused experience to work with architects from across
organization and domains to facilitate solution using new
- Responsible to own the architecture of the solution end to end
including vehicle, cloud media server, cloud back office, call
center application and consumer mobile application.
- Responsible to define video formats, protocols for streaming
and storage, optimize cost of video - carrier, processing and
- Select components and lead buy vs build decisions.
- Responsible for documentation and comprehension of the current
and future state application and/or infrastructure architectures
for the assigned features.
- Ensures that designed or reviewed solutions conform to
architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability,
reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs
values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and crafts a
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Need
- Over 5 years of experience in solution architecture for complex
systems including embedded, mobile and cloud.
- Technical experience in Media server development in high scale
for video streaming and storage management.
- Expertise in Video/Media transport and distribution
Technologies like WebRTC, RTP/RTCP, Signaling Protocols; RTMP, SRT;
HLS, LL-HLS, MPEG-DASH, CMAF
- Knowledge on Video Codecs technologies like H.264 (AVC), H.265
(HEVC), VP8, VP9, AV1
- Commercial Cloud Media infrastructure experience in Amazon or
Azure. Familiar with off the shelf media servers with deep
understanding of the market
- Experience with cost optimization
- Privacy and security specialist for video stream applications
- Lead integration with embedded software and 3rd party cloud
- Expertise in Mobile architecture for IOS and Android
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to
support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our
comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in
addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental
leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help
you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize
and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not
only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters
inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce
diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive
and develop better products for our customers. We understand and
embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether
through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer
opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us at
Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors, Detroit , Enterprise Solution Architect, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!