Company: Owens & Minor, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Owens & Minor, our Mission is simple: empowering our
customers to advance healthcare. Our teammates continue to play an
essential role in the global fight against COVID-19 by working to
ensure our healthcare customers have what they need, when they need
it, enabling them to focus on the critical task of providing
patient care. As a Fortune 500 company with over 15,000 teammates
in over 70 countries, Owens & Minor remains laser-focused on
delivering on our Mission throughout COVID-19 and beyond. Our
$9-billion business includes our Global Solutions and Global
Products segments, with core offerings structured across three
pillars of excellence: Products, Services, and Distribution.
Our people are the power that propels us. As we continue to
navigate unprecedented circumstances, teammate safety remains our
top priority, and all of our facilities have implemented enhanced
safety and sanitation protocols. Just as our teammates are
dedicated to empowering healthcare around the world, Owens & Minor
is dedicated to providing the kind of culture and benefits that
empower teammates to grow their careers and enjoy the rewarding
work they do every day.
Owens & Minor benefits are applicable to Full Time Regular and
Permanent Teammates, and include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Assigns job functions to teammates according to shipping and
receiving schedules and operational demands.
- Verifies materials loaded or unloaded against work order or
bill of lading.
- Directs Material Handlers or Distribution Coordinators to move
materials or products to storage areas.
- Trains or ensures the training of new teammates or retrains
existing teammates in job functions.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, quality of
product, and suggests changes in working conditions to increase
efficiency of the warehouse.
- Communicates with supervisors and or management team regarding
personnel issues and day to day operations.
- Regularly conducts team talks or start up meetings in
conjunction with supervisors.
- General knowledge of a variety of basic topics, such as math,
reading, basic accounting, typing, etc. Equal to a high school
- Successful completion of all company warehouse training modules
resulting in certification.
- Certified on all warehouse machinery.
- At least one year of O&M experience required; for external
hires warehouse lead or supervisor experience preferred.
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your
career, we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any
other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or
Note: Owens & Minor is not accepting unsolicited assistance from
search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone
calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at our Company via email, the Internet, or in any form
and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for
this position will be deemed the sole property of our Company. No
fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by our Company
as a result of the referral or through other means.
Keywords: Owens & Minor, Inc., Detroit , Warehouse Lead, Other , Romulus, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!