Company: Axalta Coating Systems
Location: Mount Clemens
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a
leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of
high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in
the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing
high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by
market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at
the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative
coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and
appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's
productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint
of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47
customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows
the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries.
Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force
and technical support organization, as well as through
approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The
Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its
success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer
relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments:
Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end
markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and
Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North
America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Run all required equipment in a safe and efficient manner:
- pH meter
- Wet Color Wheel
- CAP2000 mete
Perform the following duties, to include but not limited to:
- Washing equipment (tanks, pumps, piping and loading
- Loading (charging) various size tanks from 50 to 4500 gallon
- Loading (Charging) moving and lifting bag stock, kegs,
- Performing specified in-process quality tests - dirt checks,
wet color, viscosity or pH
- Must be able to follow established process instructions and
documentation (monitoring equipment)
- Adjustment of in-process material per lab instructions
- Filtration of product (loading / charging FSI filter and
- Filling off semi-finished and finished product (drums, totes,
bulk storage or pails)
- Labeling of containers, following established process, customer
and DOT requirements
- Operating power material handling equipment
(transporter/Powered Equipment license required)
- Housekeeping (participate in area cleanup)
- Auditing (safety showers / eye washes / fire extinguishers /
housekeeping / equipment / training / safety / IATF16949 )
- Lean manufacturing (cell participation, "At Line" test and
certification, visual display board updates, etc)
- Perform selective maintenance tasks / equipment switch-outs to
keep the process running.
- Operate computer-controlled equipment
- Follow all site and area guidelines pertaining to all functions
within the plant and assigned tasks. (Examples: fire watch, breaks
/ lunch, availability for work, etc.)
- Follow all Area Operating Procedures (AOP's) that pertain to
his / her job functions.
- Operator must be able to use the Front-End Loading System (FEL)
and SAP computerized systems.
- Able to train others.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence: Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability
to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Transporter license required
- Hi-lo license required for Filling Operations
- Respirator fit test required
Keywords: Axalta Coating Systems, Detroit , Production Operator, Other , Mount Clemens, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!