Technical Solutions Design Team Lead (West)
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
About Abbott Diagnostics:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast,
accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic
tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and
transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare
operations - with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation
and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood
centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
- The primary job functions are to serve as a Lead with-in the
Technical Solution Design Team and a subject matter expert;
coordinating the tactical technical solution design (TSD) executed
by the TSD Team; including Lab Systems/ Automation; Informatics;
Workflow and Consulting lines of business.
- This position will develop; create and design strategies for
the most complex and largest customer base; such as key strategic
customers and national/regional health systems. This includes
project management; preplanning and preparation to understand and
present customer priorities; many projects must be managed
- The Team Leader will partner/liaison to serve as a
communication link to internal and external business partners and
Customers to build and maintain effective long-term relationships
to grow the business. Initiate competitive comparisons to support
business strategies and our Total Solution Design
- The territory covers South West, North West and Mid-West
- Qualified candidates must currently live in the western part of
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness
of the quality system.
- The resource will apply their advanced technical knowledge to
lead the TSD team to analyze user needs; gather customer
requirements; design an integrated; scalable and comprehensive
solution to improve outcomes for clinical diagnostic healthcare
- This position will partner with the Sales Organization
identifying new consulting opportunities and developing customized
solutions. Activities could include RFI/RFP assistance as it
relates to technical data; solution development; value creation and
customer meetings and presentations.
- Collaborate and partner with consulting and marketing
organizations (US/Global) for new product identification; strategy;
and development that will provide solutions beyond the competition
to establish ADD as an elite solution partner.
- Lead/mentor other members of the team. Serve as a subject
matter expert. Display leadership in mentoring and coaching fellow
team members to continue the advancement of skills throughout the
- Maintain fiscal responsibility in both revenue and expense with
primary goal of exceeding each year's work plan
- Must be able to multitask and coordinate with a complex network
of departments throughout all levels of an organization such as
Sales; Lab Managers/Directors; Project Managers; HSI/ IT personnel;
internal and external vendors and contractors and senior level
Position Accountability / Scope:
- Success in this position will depend on strong leadership and
forming effective partnerships with external and internal
customers; lower grade level team members; internal sales and
support organizations and the Global team
- The Team Leader must have strong communication and presentation
skills with the ability to effectively communicate with both very
technical individuals and the individuals across multitude of
organizational tiers without a technical background
- Position requires the ability to apply advanced strategic
thinking/logic to develop customized solutions based on the unique
needs and circumstances of each customer
- This assignment requires regular travel to customer sites for
intensive projects; presentations; and support.
- Travel greater than 75% should be expected.
Education And Experience You'll Bring
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong problem-solving techniques and communication skills to
effectively communicate and consult in a highly technical
environment, as well as coordinating business strategies.
- Effective communication skills for presentations and
demonstrated leadership skills are essential.
- Experience with workflow, IT, or Automation/Instrumentation
with a laboratory background or knowledge
- Travel greater than 75% should be expected.
WHAT WE OFFER
- At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at
www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Abbott
and on Twitter @AbbottNews.
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Detroit , Technical Solutions Design Team Lead (West), Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!