Company: US Ecology, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
You're a reliable, motivated and team-oriented person who likes
to pitch in and keep things clean and safe. You enjoy working both
inside and outside, and you'll do what it takes to get the job done
safely and effectively. You know how to manage your time, and
colleagues can count on you to be patient, tactful and cooperative.
You desire to learn new skills, be part of a team and advance
within a growing company.
Environmental Technicians identify, collect, transport, process,
package and prepare hazardous and universal wastes, recyclables and
solid waste for storage and disposal. You'll play an integral role
in supporting the Project Manager onsite.
Day in the Life
After grabbing your favorite morning beverage, you can expect
- Suit up in your PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Conduct inspections onsite and share your findings with the
- Collect, load and containerize materials, and prepare them for
storage or shipment.
- Operate a forklift (or similar equipment) to load, unload and
- Check on waste containers throughout the facility (you'll
notify your Project Manager when containers are full, or if
shipments are required).
Performs other, related duties as assigned. These are duties
which may not be specifically listed in the class specification or
position description, but which are within the general occupational
series and responsibility level typically associated with the
employee's class of work.
What you need to apply
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred Certifications: 40 Hour HAZWOPER, 8 Hour HAZWOPER,
- Relevant experience in the environmental industry
- Moderate computer skills (Microsoft Suite)
- Valid driver's license
- Forklift certification/license preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug
- Comfort wearing a respirator if needed.
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by
doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous
and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable
future for our children and their grandchildren.
For your hard work
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Keywords: US Ecology, Inc., Detroit , Environmental Technician, Other , Milford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!