Injection Molding Supervisor
Company: Warrior Sports
Location: Sterling Heights
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our mission is simple: EMPOWER ATHLETES WITH THE MEANS TO
DOMINATE! Everything we do reflects our relentless drive to achieve
this mission, and every associate plays a critical role.
Our company was born with one great idea, and innovation is the
foundation of who we are. But, ideas are only part of the equation.
We exhaust ourselves in the execution of our ideas and are
committed to doing whatever it takes to push the game to the next
We work with a high sense of urgency, not only with our
customers - but with each other. We explore all avenues to "yes"
before we say "no". Every associate is not only empowered, but
relied upon, to find or create opportunities that make a difference
in all areas of our business. We are entrepreneurs in our own
We are curious. We collaborate with each other. We own and learn
from our mistakes. We bring optimism, passion and energy to work.
We have an immense amount of pride and a strong sense of ownership
in working for Warrior. We are impatient. We love change. We're
unconventional and we don't do basic. We work hard, have fun, and
we don't dread going to work the next day!
- Responsible for the startup and shutdown of all equipment
within the injection molding department.
- Start-up and tune-in of first run molds to establish a
consistent repeatable process and identify any possible tooling
- To assist in the hiring of and to train, supervise and evaluate
the production employees of the molding department, working with
the Plant Manager to ensure maximum utilization as well as ensuring
all department, facility, and company policies are followed and
- Required to operate various injection machines and maintain
cross functionality as required.
- To perform mold changes in accordance with department standards
as needed to fill orders.
- To work with the in house Toolmaker to ensure all mold issues
are identified and proper actions are taken to correct them.
- Responsible for all machine and auxiliary equipment operations
- To ensure equipment is running at optimum efficiency.
- Troubleshoot machine, process, equipment, mold, and material
- Responsible for all machine and equipment related maintenance,
as well as to perform required preventative maintenance on a
- Monitor process stability and production quality.
- The completion and updating of associated process verification
logs, change logs, production notes, and all other process or
production documentation that is needed to track and achieve Plant
- To help maintain the housekeeping standards set for the
injection molding department.
- To actively participate in, and continuously improve the 5S
system within the manufacturing facility.
- Responsible to follow and enforce all OSHA and company safety
rules and regulations and to help ensure all other employees in the
area following safe working practices as well.
- To take a team approach to all aspects of the job, and be able
to communicate necessary information in a professional manner
across all positions and shifts within the department.
- To assist in the hiring of, and to supervise, train and
evaluate Injection Molding Process Technicians.
- Participate in all continuous improvement efforts to achieve
- All other necessary duties as assigned by the Plant
- Plastic injection molding background, minimum of 6 years of
injection molding experience.
- Supervisory experience within an injection molding
- Must be experienced in mold set-ups, mold and equipment
maintenance, and trouble shooting.
- Experience and understanding of polymers, resins, and
- Preferred experience in proto, short run, over molding and
- Experience driving a forklift, and valid driver's license for
means of obtaining a forklift operator license.
- The ability to be cross trained and master multiple positions
- Familiarity with and ability to use Windows based computers and
software (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- The ability to function as part of a team and be able to
communicate effectively and professionally both in writing and
- A strong preference for those with a familiarity and experience
working within 5S and Lean manufacturing systems.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
We pride ourselves on offering a world class benefit package
with the lowest costs possible to our associates. Our benefits, at
a glance, include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with Employer Match
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Corporate Gift Matching
- Warrior and New Balance Employee Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Keywords: Warrior Sports, Detroit , Injection Molding Supervisor, Other , Sterling Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!