Data Engineer - Cloud
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Rock Family of Companies is made up of nearly 100 separate
businesses spanning fintech, sports, entertainment, real estate,
startups and more. We're united by our culture - a drive to find a
better way that fuels our commitment to our clients, our community
and our team members. We believe in and build inclusive workplaces,
where every voice is heard and diverse perspectives are welcomed.
Working for a company in the Family is about more than just a job -
it's about having the opportunity to become the best version of
- 2 years of experience in SQL database applications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of SQL Server integration
- Knowledge of PowerShell
- Knowledge of VBScript
- Knowledge of .Net
The Database Engineer works closely with development teams and
is responsible for physical database design and implementation
performance tuning. They maintain database tasks, conduct
performance tuning and implement disaster recovery for database
- Oversee physical database design, monitor database performance
and implement performance tuning
- Lead code and design reviews
- Create standards and best practices for database design and
- Ensure quality data creation, presentation and flow across
- Act as a mentor for other team members
- Write complex stored procedures and enhance database
- Meet with team leaders to ensure data collection satisfaction
- Understand large data models quickly
- Be available to be on call
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company
obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet
the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to
technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive
consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the
intersection of people, process and technology and empower our
partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through
unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe
having an impact is never a question - it's part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this
position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and
responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended,
deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and
does not discriminate in any hiring or employment practices. The
Company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in completing the
application and/or participating in the employment application
process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Team,
The Pulse, at 1-800-411-JOBS.
Keywords: Xenith, Detroit , Data Engineer - Cloud, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!