Posted on: September 16, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Master Level Therapist @
Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery
PRN hours -
What You Will Do:
Provide counseling services in various
hospital programs including Detox, Rehab, PHP and other specialized
programs. Gather information about patients using case histories,
observations and assessments. Determine what level of care a
patient requires and develop a treatment plan as well as
an aftercare plan best suited for them. Facilitate and lead group
and didactic sessions. Manage caseload and documentation.
What You Will Need:
- Review the bio-psycho-social history completed by colleagues.
Use this information in treatment planning. Continue to evaluate
the patients bio-psycho-social status throughout his/her treatment
episode. Use the information gathered to determine the clients
appropriateness for treatment or to recommend a more appropriate
- Using ASAM Patient Placement Criteria for the Treatment of
Substance-Related Disorders, Second Edition and DSM-IV®-TR, develop
a diagnostic evaluation of the clients substance abuse and any
coexisting conditions based on the results of all assessments.
Provide an integrated approach to treatment planning based on the
clients strengths, weaknesses and identified problems and
- Use group therapy to assist patient and fellow group members to
explore problems and ramifications, attitudes and feelings. Elicit
solutions from patient and fellow group members.
- Use individual therapy to assist patient in exploring problems
and ramifications, attitudes and feelings. Elicit solutions from
patient. Identify or act upon previously identified co-existing
conditions (such as medical or psychiatric) that indicate the need
for additional services within
Brighton Hospital or as a referral during aftercare planning.
- Review documentation completed by phone intake personnel. Use
this information in treatment planning.
- Provide overview of program operations to patient. For example,
explain the role of the therapist, the team concept, how often they
can expect individual sessions, the patients obligation in his/her
own treatment process, program goals and objectives, etc.
- Work with other Brighton Hospital staff as necessary regarding
scheduling, program operation, and other details pertaining to the
needs of individual programs. Attend and participate in scheduled
- Be familiar with all program rules and have the ability to
reinforce when necessary.
- Review the assessment data gathered during the patients
- Obtain corroborative information from secondary sources such as
family members, EAP, etc.
- Together with the patient, rank problems based on individual
needs. Formulate immediate goals using time-specific, behavioral
terms in written treatment plan.
- Discuss long-term goals for patient and use those in
coordinating aftercare plans.
- Individualize therapy in accordance with culture, gender and
- Interact with patient in an appropriate therapeutic manner in
accordance with agency policy and ethical standards of ones own
- Coordinate services for client care. These services can include
EAP, family counseling, aftercare planning, psychiatrist, etc.
Explain the rationale for each of these case management activities
to the patient.
- Recognize the elements of a client crisis and implement an
immediate course of action as appropriate in coordination with
other members of the treatment team.
- Where possible, use a crisis situation to enhance the overall
treatment for the patient.
- Conduct didactic sessions presenting relevant information to
patients regarding chemical dependency and recovery.
- Present patients with information about resources available
within Brighton Hospital and in his/her home community (such as
self-help support groups, psychiatric help, medical care,
- Identify areas of patients needs and/or problems that cannot be
met while at Brighton Hospital. With the help of the Aftercare
Specialist and Case Management, match the client needs to
appropriate resources. Assist the client in utilizing those
resources if necessary.
- Prepare relevant reports and relevant records in a timely
manner consistent with all policies and procedures and following
the guidelines required for reimbursement, licensing accreditation
and tracking of clinical treatment.
- If necessary, consult with outside resources to ensure the
provision of effective treatment services. Explain the rational for
the consultation to the patient.
- Review and evaluate effectiveness of intervention toward
patient outcomes. Share feedback for process improvement with
- Serve as a leader in the addictions professional community via
one of the following activities: conducting in-services, writing
articles in professional publications and/or serving on relevant
- Serve as a field instructor for students in ones own
- Provide orientation and/or training to new personnel as
- Maintain a current level of knowledge regarding the field by
attending required staff meetings, in-services and reading relevant
- Conduct reviews of fellow employees performance as requested by
- Present a professional image and supportive atmosphere.
- Communicate with respect and understanding of differences.
- Take initiative and do what it takes to satisfy customers.
- Attend to the needs and expectations of customers by ensuring
prompt attention and follow-through.
- Consistently perform job duties accurately and timely (even
during peak times).
- Utilize materials and resources in a cost-conscious
- Seek opportunities for improving processes.
- Move and adapt to key changes quickly.
- Display behavior supportive to organizational change.
- Accept adjustments and direction.
- Collaborate with others inside and outside of the
- Keep team members informed.
- Assist and support others and willingly take on additional
- Effectively communicate and listen to others.
- Invite feedback on own performance.
- Meet commitments and deadlines.
- Assist team to achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrate active listening. Maintain body language and tone
consistent with verbal messages.
- Use tact and sensitivity when interacting with internal and
- Efficiently balance multiple tasks.
- Manage projects and duties effectively.
- Complete work in a timely and organized manner.
- Complete high volume work without compromising quality.
- Produce expected outcomes.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and agency
policies governing alcohol and other drug abuse services.
- Obtain appropriately signed consents when soliciting from or
providing information to outside sources.
- Act courteously toward patients, visitors, co-workers and
others and respond in a timely manner to their needs.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and attitudes, follow safety
rules, work to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and
participate in organizational and departmental safety
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of chemical dependency 12-Step philosophy.
- Effective written and oral communication skills necessary to
interact with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge and experience working with electronic medical
records, automated clinical documentation and clinical technology
Licensure / Certification /
- State of Michigan license in respective discipline required.
Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American
Heart Association (AHA) to be obtained within 120 days of
hire/transfer date required. Licensure/certification monitored by
health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- One or more of the following required:
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) or Certified
Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC).
Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central
- Masters degree in Counseling, Social Work or Psychology
- Experience in chemical dependency treatment setting
- 5 years work experience in chemical dependency counseling
inclusive of experience obtained under a Bachelors degree
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension SE Michigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive
fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension, Detroit , Therapist-Master Level, Other , Brighton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!