Milieu Technician - Counseling Detox Rehab
Posted on: September 16, 2021
We Are Hiring:
What You Will Do:
- Brighton Center for Recovery location in Brighton MI
- Requires a valid driver's license
- Full-time 40 hrs weekly
- Primarily work rotating evening shift (2:30-11:00 pm) on
rotating days and every other weekend
Under the direct supervision of the
Clinical Supervisor, assess individual and milieu interactions to
define appropriate interventions, plan therapeutic interactions and
What You Will Need:
- Monitor individual and milieu status and interactions of
- Confront and process inappropriate behavior.
- Complete documentation in a timely manner consistent with all
policies and procedures.
- In the Halfway House environment, monitor residents in the
self-administration of prescribed medications and ensure
medications are kept properly secured.
- Conduct safety rounds to ensure a safe environment and program
attendance for all rehab and/or PHP patients.
- Assist in maintaining an environment conducive to
- Encourage patients to consider, participate in and assimilate
12 Step programs and philosophies.
- Facilitate patient processing of immediate, in-the-moment
thoughts and feelings.
- Convene and facilitate small group interactions and
- Maintain supplies and equipment necessary to conduct group
- Communicate with respect and understanding of cultural, gender
and lifestyle differences.
- Communicate daily with clinical staff regarding relevant
- Participate in team meetings as required.
- Maintain professional boundaries in relation to staff/patient
- Evaluate and document effectiveness of intervention
- Train and orientate new employees as required.
- Attend required in-service training sessions and staff
- Assist in transportation of patients as required.
- Assist Housekeeping and Maintenance in maintaining the
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Comply with regulatory agencies.
- Act courteously toward patients, visitors, co-workers and
others and respond in a timely manner to their needs.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and attitudes, follow safety
rules, work to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and
participate in organizational and departmental safety
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- In-depth, personal knowledge of the disease concept and 12 Step
- Commitment to abstinence in recovery.
- Ability to appropriately interact with and motivate individuals
early in the recovery process.
- Physical ability, with or without accommodation, to finger,
grasp, kneel, lift up to 20 pounds, pull, push, reach and conduct
- Sensory and communicative skills, with or without
accommodation, to feel, hear, see and speak.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with
associates, patients and families.
- Ability to concentrate and to pay close attention to detail
while performing tasks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands.
- Knowledgeable of computer systems.
Licensure / Certification /
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Must be certified or obtain CPI certification within 120 days
of employment and maintain current certification thereafter
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American
Heart Association (AHA) to be acquired within 120 days of
hire/transfer date required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two years of personal recovery experience
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension SE Michigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive
fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension, Detroit , Milieu Technician - Counseling Detox Rehab, Other , Brighton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!