Unit Technician - Alcohol Dependency
Posted on: September 16, 2021
We Are Hiring:
- Brighton Center for Recovery Location in Brighton MI
- Requires a valid driver's license
- Hours will vary based on patient needs but typically shift will
A min of 2 weekend shifts each
A min of 2 additional days (weekend
or weekday) each month
A min of 2 holiday shifts per
What You Will Do:
Under the direction of the RN, participate
in the implementation of care management for the patient within
their scope of practice and reinforce patient education as
What You Will Need:
- Monitor milieu and patients, document and report as required
and take steps to maintain a safe unit.
- Answer telephones and route calls as appropriate.
- Prepare medical records for new admissions.
- Transport and/or accompany patients or prospective patients in
- Assist multi-disciplinary team as required in the development
of patient master treatment plans.
- Take and document patient vital signs, height and weight.
- Monitor therapeutic interactions and environment.
- Monitor patient status as assigned by charge nurse.
- Make patient beds as needed or requested by supervisor.
- Assist in the collection of body fluid specimens.
- Prepare all appropriate laboratory forms/slips.
- Note physician orders.
- Assist patients with ADL (Assisted Daily Living), personal
needs and belongings.
- Provide comfort, solace and support to patients and respond to
call lights and/or verbal requests.
- Search patient belongings and rooms as assigned.
- Maintain supplies necessary for performance of duties.
- Maintain current knowledge of programs and explain as
- Complete documentation in a timely manner consistent with all
policies and procedures.
- Measure blood glucose level via glucometer as directed by
- Obtain peripheral venous blood specimens, labels, tubes and
send to lab.
- Conduct peer reviews as required.
- Train and orientate new employees as assigned.
- Act courteously toward patients, visitors, co-workers and
- Respond to the needs of patients, co-workers and all other
interested parties in a timely manner.
- Treat patients, visitors, co-workers and the public in a
respectful manner at all times.
- Conduct facility tours as assigned.
- Accept direction from the RN on duty in a timely and respectful
- Attend required in-service training sessions and staff
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Comply with all infection control and safety
- Comply with all HIPPA, confidentiality regulations.
- Assist Dietary, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Counseling
Departments as required.
- Notify RN when leaving unit for breaks and/or lunch.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Willingness and ability to immediately receive training in
obtaining vital signs, previous training and/or experience in
obtaining vital signs preferred.
- Ability to successfully pass department specific competencies
during orientation period.
- Physical ability, with or without accommodation, to finger,
grasp, kneel, lift up to 20 pounds, pull, push, reach, and conduct
- Sensory and communicative skills, with or without
accommodation, to feel, hear, see and speak.
- In-depth knowledge of the disease concept and 12 Step recovery
- Ability to concentrate and to pay close attention to detail
while performing tasks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands.
- Knowledgeable of computer systems.
Licensure / Certification /
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Must be certified or obtain CPI certification within 120 days
of employment and maintain current certification thereafter
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American
Heart Association (AHA) to be obtained within 120 days of
hire/transfer date required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Post high school training as a medical assistant or equivalent
- 3-6 months of previous work experience in a customer service
and/or patient service environment required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension SE Michigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive
fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension, Detroit , Unit Technician - Alcohol Dependency, Other , Brighton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!