Customer Logistics Specialist - International Operations
Company: Ryder System
Posted on: September 16, 2021
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or
temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here
(http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to
Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn
how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review
this quick reference guide
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Customer Logistics Specialist acts as a liaison between the
customer and Ryder to ensure the proper function and execution of
all Vendor Compliance processes. The role supports all Compliance
functions focusing on problem resolution, and process improvement.
The Customer Service Advocate will drive continuous improvement
projects that arise out of feedback from the customer and/or Vendor
Compliance Chargebacks (VCC).
The Customer Logistics Specialist is expected to continuously
evaluate and implement processes with regard to opportunities to
improve internal metrics and drive toward successful achievement of
company objectives by analyzing compliance data and implementing
process improvement initiatives with the customer, Ryder
Operational teams, Ryder Transportation Teams, and Ryder IT
- Compliance Projects/Project Management: Collaborate with the
customer, Ryder Operations team, Ryder Transportation Team, and
Ryder IT Team providing them with the necessary data to avoid
disruptions and ensure compliance to customer goals. Work with the
teams on projects to improve processes that drive internal and
- Develop and implement quality improvements, risk mitigation,
opportunity identification, and internal/external process
efficiencies. Identify and investigate opportunities to improve
distribution efficiencies and savings, and coordinate
implementation with business partners.
- Coordinate daily activities related to compliance of Customers.
Monitor critical customer metrics, including on-time delivery,
operational deficiencies. Identify and discuss defects and delivery
problems with management, customers, and affected parties and
creates projects to improve metrics
- Develop reports on customer performance and activities and
provide managers with current results for action.
- Problem Resolution Coordination: Responsible for
standardization and analysis of all Problem
- Resolution processes/procedures to ensure maximum efficiency,
accuracy, and proper coordination with the different areas of
Transportation, Logistics, warehousing and the customer. Review all
Vendor Compliance Charges and On Time related violations and
initiate problem resolution for those issues.
- Compliance Reporting/Violation Analysis: Prepare all reporting
and supporting documentation forbusiness meetings with the customer
and Ryder Operations and Finance Teams on a monthly basis. Provide
violation trend analysis and notify management of any necessary
issues and Vendor Compliance needs based on these findings. Create
monthly project improvement log identifying outstanding issues, and
highlighting issues that have surpassed their resolution
time-frame. Communicate process improvements based on reporting
- Conduct project meetings, track and analyze projects.
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions
- Create and maintain a project schedule for each project by
identifying and monitoring: overall project timeline, project
milestones, tasks, resources, and critical paths.
- Coordinate meetings, as needed, to initiate working sessions,
resolve project issues, etc.
- Promote continuous improvement by conducting, documenting, and
communicating lessons learned throughout the project.
- Prepare and conduct informal and formal presentations.
- Build relationships with all functional areas and manage
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Ability to work with others in a professional manner while
achieving a common goal
- Ability to design, plan, organize, and implement projects and
tasks within an allotted timeframe
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships
within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups,
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Bachelor's degree required in business, logistics or related
- One (1) year or more vendor compliance experience
- One (1) year or more in problem solving using continuous
improvement and LEAN methodologies preferred
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Requisition ID: R33748
Job Type: Full time
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet,
transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000
customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every
day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading
technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an
expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses,
and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Keywords: Ryder System, Detroit , Customer Logistics Specialist - International Operations, Other , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!