Edward Rose & Sons, through its employment affiliate, Personnel
Management, Inc., is currently looking to fill a full-time
Customer Collection Specialist position
for our beautiful Corporate Office in Bloomfield Hills, MI.
Collectors are vital in minimizing losses by controlling account
delinquency through communications, investigations, negotiations,
and collections to prevent and/or recover losses.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills
as well as oral and written communication skills. Collectors must
maintain a high level of professionalism and maintain composure
under pressure. Accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to
prioritize and finish tasks in a timely manner are also highly
regarded attributes for this position.
The hours of the
Specialist are 8 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a professional appearance as a company
representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Reaching out to residents to collect payment for overdue bills,
loans, or other payments.
- Facilitating communications between creditors and residents to
manage overdue accounts.
- Referring cases to a third-party collection agency when the
case is overdue.
- Managing collection files from point of receipt through the
past due letter series.
- Ensuring the Yardi database displays the correct status for the
file and has detailed notes of any written or verbal communication
with the resident.
- Processing credit card payments made by residents as well as
those issued by a third-party collection agency.
- Posting monthly write offs.
- Printing monthly pay plan statements and closing out files that
are paid-in-full or settled.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
Required skills and attributes:
- High School diploma or equivalent and some college is
- Previous experience working in customer service is
- Previous experience in Leasing and/or Property Management is a
- Must be proficient with the use of computer software,
especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Yardi software experience is a plus.
- Ability to handle confidential material.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management
skills, along with close attention to detail.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful
circumstances, such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult
- Open to change and able to multi-task in a fast-paced
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable
Employees are expected to be honest and trustworthy. A
full background check will be performed on all applicants being
We offer our valued employees:
- Comprehensive benefits packages, including 401k with company
- Competitive compensation plan
- Generous paid time off program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Discounted Apartment Home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively
seek diversity in our workforce. We recruit qualified candidates
and advance our employees without regard to race, creed, color,
religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or
national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other
status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local