Project Engineer - Battery Energy Storage
Company: General Motors LLC
Posted on: October 14, 2021
This position requires sound technical knowledge and expertise
related to the functional area of responsibility. You will need
prior experience and/or knowledge of mechanical, instrumentation,
electronics, testing/driving and fabrication. Translates business
objectives to actionable work for the work group. Supports leading
new processes and methods in line with departmental goals.
GM's Global Product Development Team is pursuing several product
engineers who will focus on design and development of energy
storage systems and innovations related to stationary applications.
The Stationary Energy Storage Systems engineer will be responsible
for component design and development of GM's industrial back up
power systems in order to accelerate the effort to achieve a
cleaner, safer, and more energy efficient future. GM is currently
seeking an individuals with deep knowledge in the stationary energy
storage design and development including demonstrated experience in
engineering system design, software and large-scale product
installation and commercialization.
We are seeking to fill several industrial stationary energy
- Component hardware engineer
- System engineer
- Software engineer
- Thermal Engineer
- Installation and infrastructure
Objectives and Key Deliverables
- Specify, design, and develop industrial stationary energy
storage system components.
- Provide battery energy storage system expertise and key
industry knowledge regarding use cases, specifications, product
development and specifications.
- Ability to connect with key industry suppliers and support the
development of products.
- Support the evaluation and development of innovative product
concept designs for battery systems intended to be used in
stationary energy storage systems.
- Develop system, component, and sub-component specifications for
the various elements of an energy storage systems including
functional, performance, safety and compliance
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to evaluate
product technical solutions to ensure efficient, safe, and reliable
- Work cross-functionally to curate efficient
technologies/solutions/components for innovative product
- Work cross functionally with product development, delivery,
supply chain, sales, and quality to launch prototypes, and
- Collaborate in a team environment and/or take charge of
opportunities to develop optimal solutions for customers and
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, chemical, mechanical, or other
relevant engineering field required.
- 2+ years of product development experience in battery and/or
stationary energy storage systems or components.
- Technical knowledge in stationary battery energy storage
components and alternative energy solutions.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership of technology development &
deployment into major projects.
- Experience with commercial, industrial, residential storage
- Proficient in evaluating battery cell/module/rack or storage
system component technologies for performance and value.
- Knowledge in developing and deploying software solutions
enabling interactions between the stationary energy storage system,
the electrical grid, renewable energy systems, and DERs
- Knowledge of batteries and energy storage certifications and
compliance standards (desired)
- Proficient in battery and stationary energy storage engineering
standards, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills required to
effectively lead, motivate, and facilitate others in group
- Demonstrated high level of strategic agility and desire to work
in a complex and evolving environment and an innovation
- Highly proficient in oral and written communication
- Team player attitude internally and externally
- Willing to travel 10-30% of the time.
- Master's in engineering or business administration
- 5+ years of product development experience in battery and/or
stationary energy storage systems or components.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero
Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change
that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe
we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively
- to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our
culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation
of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where
they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent
on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their
background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they
belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental
leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help
you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us
atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors LLC, Detroit , Project Engineer - Battery Energy Storage, Other , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!