Job Title: Housekeeping
Reports To:Housekeeping Manager
Summary:Supervises and coordinates activities
of workers engaged in cleaning and maintaining premises of
commercial, industrial buildings by performing the following
duties. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Includes
the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications
and established standards.
- Plan and prepare employee work schedules.
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment and take
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in
order to determine the type of work required.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that
services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Check equipment to ensure that it is in working order.
- Instruct staff in work policies and procedures and the use and
maintenance of equipment.
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
- Select the most suitable cleaning materials for different types
of linens, furniture, flooring, and surfaces.
Competencies:To perform the job successfully,
an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Service Mentality-- Understands and
demonstrates the importance of customer relationships.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves
problems in a timely manner.
- Project Management- Communicates changes and
- Teamwork- Balances team and individual
- Delegation- Sets expectations and monitors
- Quality Standards- Looks for ways to improve
and promote quality.
- Business Acumen- Understands business
implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and
- Cost Consciousness- Works within approved
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and
procedures as well as ability to organize and plan
- Communication-- Ability to communicate
effectively through verbal and written forms.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work
- Leadership- Exhibits confidence in self and
others by inspiring and motivating others to perform well.
Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans
work activities to use time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives
to develop realistic action plans.
- Safety and Security- Observes safety and
security procedures. Uses equipment and materials properly.
Work Environment:While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes
or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather
conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the
work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of
this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;
climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
Qualifications:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience:Associates degree
or equivalent from a higher education center or technical school;
or one to two years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills:To perform this job
successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet
software, Payroll systems, spreadsheet software, and Word