Mental Health Tech
Posted on: October 14, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Part time; 24 hours a week
11am-11:30pm, 2 shifts per week.
Every third weekend, rotating holidays per contract.
6 West Behavioral
What You Will Do:
This is a 20-bed behavioral health unit that cares for adult
patients, eighteen years and up, with a primary diagnosis of psych
(major depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, borderline disorder)
patients also admitted with a secondary medical diagnosis.
RN’s/MHT’s work 12-hour shifts and every third
Under the supervision of the Registered
Nurse, but in collaboration with other members of the
multidisciplinary team, the Mental Health Technician participates
in the assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating of patient
care. As the chosen care delivery model, Relationship Based Care
(RBC) is the foundation of compassionate patient care at Ascension,
supported by all team members. The 6 elements of RBC – Element 1:
Caring and Healing Practice Environment; Element 2: Responsibility
for Relationship and Decision Making; Element 3: Work Allocation
and Patient Assignments; Element 4: Communication with the Health
Care Team; Element 5: Leadership/Management; Element 6: Process
Improvement – provides the building blocks for patient care and
service delivery within the CHMC organization and the focus of the
three primary relationships – self, colleague, and patient.
Supports the caring practice and the commitment to co-workers.
What You Will Need:
- Essential Functions
- Create a caring and healing environment using the 6 dimensions
of the RBC model: leadership, teamwork, professional nursing, care
delivery, resources and outcomes, keeping the patient and family as
the focus of caring practice.
- Follow the written plan of care, reports pertinent data change
to primary/associate nurse in a timely manner.
- Perform direct patient care according to unit standards,
policies and procedures, including didactic groups for
- Participate in the “physical management” of a potentially
violent patient. This may require the use of seclusion, restraint,
proper usage of de-escalation techniques or other physical
interventions necessary to prevent the patient from harming self,
others, or causing property damage. These activities require
knowledge of proper physical and verbal intervention skills and
- In collaboration with the primary/associate nurse, will
individualize patient care to meet the needs of the patient.
- Assist with activities of daily living (ADL).
- Measure and record vital signs.
- Provide direct therapeutic interventions with assigned patients
as determined by the individual treatment plan.
- Participate in patient care conferences and treatment planning
as requested by the interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Daily documentation on every assigned patient addressing the
goals of the treatment plan.
- Monitor precautionary status of all patients.
- Implement unit rounding policy, and provides safety
surveillance on the unit.
- Accompany patients off the unit for diagnostic tests.
- Assist in admitting and discharge processes.
- May interact with and supervise patients’ visitors.
- Assist in the orientation of new staff to the Mental Health
- Non-Essential Functions
- Assist with clerical functions on the unit as needed (i.e.,
answering phones, etc.).
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure quality patient
- This position requires the ability to identify age related
differences within the persons served and the adjustment of
treatment style and expectations as appropriate, including
adjustments based on the person’s served cognitive function and
learning ability. This will include taking into account their
religious and cultural needs and preferences.
Licensure / Certification /
- Successful completion of training in Non-Violent Crisis
Intervention (SECURE) as part of departmental orientation
- Possess and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) at time of
hire/transfer date required.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Providence Rochester is an
equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to
all associates and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Detroit , Mental Health Tech, Other , Rochester, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!