Posted on: October 14, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Surgical Technologist -
Full time Days / 40 hours
What You Will Do:
The Surgical Technologist is responsible
for supporting the Mission and Vision of Ascesnion by functioning
as part of the surgical team under the direct supervision of a
Registered Nurse and in collaboration with all members of the
surgical services team. Adhere to accepted standards and follows
department policies and procedures while preparing for and
assisting with surgical procedures.
What You Will Need:
- Essential Functions
- Apply the principles of asepsis in a competent manner to
provide optimum patient care. Maintain highest standard of sterile
technique and corrects and reports any breaks in sterile
- Participate in general cleaning, stocking and sterilization of
instruments and supplies in the OR according to policy and
procedure; maintains a clean, organized, and safe OR
- Assist in setting up the OR with supplies and instruments.
Arrange supplies and instruments for efficient use during the
surgical procedure. Differentiate sterilization methods for special
equipment and instruments necessary for specific surgical
procedures as required.
- Assist with moving and positioning of patients pre-, intra-,
- Scrub on all surgical procedures performed in assigned work
- Anticipate and prepare for the needs of the surgeon when
passing instruments, sponges, sutures, etc. Also, anticipate the
needs of the surgical team and assists efficiently within the
sterile field as directed by the surgeon.
- Maintain an accurate count of sponges, sharps and instruments
and is jointly responsible with the RN circulator for ensuring
counts are complete and accurate prior to the procedure and before
the incision is closed.
- Act as a resource/preceptor for new personnel and students
collaboratively and under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Perform all duties in a manner consistent with safe patient
care and according to policy and procedures. Respects
confidentiality of patient records and information, patient’s right
to privacy, dignity and safety.
- Contribute to unit projects and assists in trial and evaluation
of new surgical products and procedures.
- Participate in continuing education/in-service meetings,
seeking opportunity for professional growth and development,
maintaining a current continuing education record and mandatory
- Promote a positive work environment as evidenced by quality
service and positive staff attitudes.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and
commitment to the mission of Ascension through performing behaviors
consistent with the Ascesnion Standards of Performance and Code of
- This position shall have access to and disclose personal health
information only when reasonably necessary to perform the
designated job related responsibilities. Disclosure and/or use of
personal health information for any purpose other than as
reasonably necessary for designated job responsibilities is
- Non-Essential Functions
- Performs all other duties and assignments as requested.
- This position requires the ability to identify age related
differences within the persons served and the adjustment of
treatment style and expectations as appropriate, including
adjustments based on the person’s served cognitive function and
learning ability. This will include taking into account their
religious and cultural needs and preferences.
Licensure / Certification /
- BLS course required.
- CST Certification preferred.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, and one of the
following is required:
- Military service trained as a Surgical Technologist
- LPN trained as a Surgical Technologist
- Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Providence Rochester is an
equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to
all associates and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Detroit , Surgical Technologist, Other , Rochester, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!