Unit Secretary – Float Staffing
Posted on: October 15, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Unit Secretary – Float
Full-Time / Rotating / 40 hours
What You Will Do:
Understand and apply Ascension's mission
statement by assisting in planning, organizing, implementing and
evaluating the activities occurring in the nursing station by
performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining the
physical environment of the area.
What You Will Need:
- Essential Functions
- Transcribe and transmit doctor’s orders and confers with
registered nurse regarding scheduling patient’s activities and
- Perform clerical functions within the unit clerk sphere of
responsibility by communication with other members of the health
- Courteously answer telephone and intercom, take messages, and
communicate messages to the appropriate person.
- Document and maintain records and charts.
- Perform clerical duties related to the admission and discharge
- Order supplies and equipment in appropriate amounts, receives
and stores items in proper area.
- Compile new charts’, maintain current charts, and enter patient
information on the charts and Kardex, utilizing computer as
- Assist in orientation of new staff to clerical duties of the
- Daily clerical duties for the assigned nursing unit shall be
completed per policy.
- Non-Essential Functions
- Attend educational programs and complete mandatory education
- Utilize excellent communication skills when interacting with
patients, visitors, physicians, and Ascension associates in
compliance with guest relations’ guidelines.
- Must be able to wear any personal protective equipment (PPE)
required for complying with Standard Precautions. (OSHA)
- Under direction of charge nurse, assist with obtaining
additional staffing in units with “closed staffing.”
- This position shall have access to and disclose personal health
information only when reasonably necessary to perform the
designated job related responsibilities. Disclosure and/or use of
personal health information for any purpose other than as
reasonably necessary for designated job responsibilities is
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- This position requires the ability to identify age related
differences within the persons served and the adjustment of
treatment style and expectations as appropriate, including
adjustments based on the person’s served cognitive function and
learning ability. This will include taking into account their
religious and cultural needs and preferences.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Providence Rochester is an
equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to
all associates and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Detroit , Unit Secretary – Float Staffing, Other , Rochester, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!