Service Delivery Director
Posted on: October 15, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Join a team that is transforming
healthcare delivery with technology
At Ascension, we are working hard to change the way healthcare is
delivered - to be more person-centric, caregiver-friendly,
insight-led and digital-first. We are doing this by bringing modern
architecture, design thinking, advanced analytics, and automation
to healthcare. In order to achieve our vision, we are in the
process of building a world class technology team in an environment
that inspires innovation, creativity and bold aspirations. We are
looking for proven Health Information Technology (HIT) leaders and
thinkers to help build and lead an extraordinary team that has the
potential to change healthcare at one of the largest mission-driven
healthcare institutions in the country, and set the tone for the
future of the industry itself
Why Join Ascension?
What You Will Do:
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative
solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology
enables seamless access to data across all applications
transforming the customer experience when interacting with
technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better
serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is
used to provide insightful use of automation and data-driven
improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer
experience as well as keeping cybersecurity with a strong posture
to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In
FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension is looking for leaders who have
experience helping customers solve large-scale problems with
technology. The Service Delivery Director (SDD) drives strategic
alignment within assigned ministries and implements the technology
needs of the enterprise.
- Lead the technical implementation and support of solutions and
service offerings to meet strategic market needs. The following
areas are included:
- Desktop support and maintenance
- End user support
- Identify opportunities and design new approaches.
- Cultivate relationships with operational stakeholders and
extend business partners.
- Lead new ways of monitoring and managing service delivery
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with Clinical
Informatics and Account Management teams.
- Oversee the delivery of ministry strategies for new and
existing programs and systems to align with product and service
- Assist with the prioritization and ensures the delivery
commitment based on capacity and business value to the
- Oversee 100% of the service requests, incidents and
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support
- Act as an escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Develop a mature phone/ticket escalation process to ensure free
flowing escalation and information within the organization.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to
internal and external customers.
- Manage processes for communicating outage/emergency activities
to the organization.
- Interface with all clinical and business departments in
understanding and delivering the technology needs of the
- Work with other IT groups and leaders to ensure a coherent and
unified approach to the planning and development and delivery of
the long term technology strategy.
- Ensure the quality delivery of end user facing services
provided by IT Service Delivery.
- Participate in after-hours escalations & maintenance as
- Track and complete assigned IT projects & complete tasks in a
timely and quality fashion.
- Coordinate internal resources and 3rd party/vendors for
- Recommend improvements and automations to systems, support
process, and implementation standards.
- Create dashboards for internal tracking, providing guidance on
technical requirements for adhering to the specifications,
developing RACI diagrams to identify roles and responsibilities
specific to these efforts.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Service Delivery
- Oversee key field service-based personnel:
- Network administrators
- Telecommunications analysts
- Desktop support analysts
- Lead major incident calls; driving to expedient
- Manage a mid to large-sized Service Delivery team who are
responsible for service and support across multiple ministries and
- Ensure adherence to, and enhance, incident, problem, and change
Moderate travel (approximately 10-20% travel).
- Demonstrated understanding of intersection of clinical and
business operations with technology.
- Understanding of how technology impacts patient care.
- Demonstrated experience in managing one or more of the
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a record of building
trust-based relationships with business leaders, counseling them on
broad ranging technology-related topics.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex organizations and
build consensus on priorities.
- Deep, intuitive understanding of technology trends and
capabilities across commercial systems, digital technologies,
analytics, and design.
- Experience delivering technology to meet business
- Track record of successfully working with customers to
implement large-scale, complex technology systems within their
environment, minimizing disruption to business/clinical
- Leveraging quantitative metrics and customer feedback to
continuously improve delivery of services.
- Minimizing outages and emergent activities through sound
coordination, communication, and change management practices.
- Providing leadership, training, mentorship, and coaching to a
team of technical-minded individuals to ensure a strong connection
to our mission, high-quality service delivery, and individual
- Understanding of the financial implications of technology
decisions; being a good steward of Ascension financial
- Adherence to Ascension corporate policies as well as all
relevant and appropriate healthcare regulations.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of
over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission
of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to
all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career
coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and
tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path.
In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Technologies is an equal opportunity employer
(EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally
protected status. For further information regarding your EEO
rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law”
the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make
an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a
position using our official application. Be on alert for possible
fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money
or banking information from applicants.
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension, Detroit , Service Delivery Director, Other , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!