Registered Nurse (GN) - Behavioral Health
Posted on: October 16, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Part time, 24 hours a week
Nights: 7pm -7:30am
every third weekend rotation
West Behavioral Medicine:
This is a 20-bed behavioral health unit that cares for adult
patients, eighteen years and up, with a primary diagnosis of psych
(major depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, borderline disorder)
patients also admitted with a secondary medical diagnosis.
RN’s/MHT’s work 12-hour shifts and every third weekend.
What You Will Do:
As an Associate with Ascension Providence
Rochester Hospital you will have the opportunity to
What You Will Need:
- Collect comprehensive data pertinent to the healthcare
consumer's health and/or the situation.
- Analyze the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or the
- Identify expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develop a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain expected outcomes.
- Implement the identified plan.
- Evaluate progress towards attainment of outcomes.
- Practice ethically.
- Attain knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing
- Integrate evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contribute to quality nursing practice.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of
- Demonstrate leadership in the professional practice setting and
- Collaborate with healthcare consumer, family, and others in the
conduct of nursing practice.
- Evaluate your nursing practice in relation to professional
practice standards and guidelines, relevant statues, rules, and
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing
services that are safe, effective, and financially
- Practice in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide
appropriate care to all ages of patients serviced on the unit.
- This position involves direct patient care and supervision of
other health care providers. Use and disclosure of personal health
information on a "need to know basis" may be necessary for purposes
of treatment and hospital operations.
- Perform all other duties and assignments as requested, i.e.,
special projects and committees.
Licensure / Certification /
- Obtain and maintain BLS certification on completion of hospital
- Current State of Michigan Registered Nurse license at time of
hire/transfer date required.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing at time of
hire/transfer date required.
- BSN preferred.
- Experience as a Behavioral Health RN for one (1) year
- Minimum 1 year medical/surgical experience required.
- Successful completion of an approved crisis, de-escalation and
intervention training class within 6 months of hire required.
- Successful completion of Core competencies: Inquiry
Pre-Admission Assessment; Group Treatment; Suicide Assessment; Pain
Assessment; Psychopharmacology within one (1) year of hire or
- Demonstrate knowledge of Growth and Development over life span
for ages (18) and above required.
- Successful completion of Recipients Rights presentation by end
of orientation required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Providence Rochester is an
equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to
all associates and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Detroit , Registered Nurse (GN) - Behavioral Health, Other , Rochester, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!