Posted on: October 16, 2021
We Are Hiring:
In Southeast Michigan, Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a
full-service hospital with 24/7 emergency care and many surgical
specialists. From heart, stroke and lung care to sleep disorders
and comprehensive orthopedic services, our doctors and care teams
deliver personalized care for serious and life-threatening injuries
and illnesses. Our OB-GYN maternity care team offers a personalized
birthing experience. A wide range of outpatient services are
available including minimally invasive procedures, diagnostic
imaging, lab tests, respiratory therapy, and physical medicine and
rehabilitation therapy services all on one campus.
Registered Technologist -
Full Time Days: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm M-F
and QOWE with holiday rotation, 40 hours per week
Ascension Providence Rochester -
ARRT registered technologist
What You Will Do:
Medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, and a retirement plan with match
Paid time off
Wellbeing programs and holistic growth
The Registered Radiologic Technologist is
responsible for supporting the Mission and Vision of Ascension by
under general supervision, perform x-ray examinations as ordered by
a licensed physician in accordance with established departmental
protocols. Charged with patient responsibilities while the patient
is in the department.
What You Will Need:
- Essential Functions
- Recognize the quality of the diagnostic services and the
patient’s well being as the primary responsibilities of the
- Prepare and stock work are as required to perform procedures as
assigned/requested. Assure a safe and clean environment for
patients at all times.
- Assure the “two step” identification of all patients and checks
that any required diet preps have been followed before proceeding
with any requested examinations. Explain the procedure and provides
necessary instructions to the patient.
- Transfer and properly position patients for examinations in
order to obtain desired radiographic results according to physician
orders and in accordance with departmental protocols. Conduct all
examinations safely in accordance with prescribed safety
- Produce optimal images at all times considering the size and
abilities of the patient to fully cooperate as required.
- Produce optimal images and reviews all radiographs for optimal
positioning exposure, patient identification and marker before
releasing the patient.
- Assist physicians in performance of examinations by mixing and
pouring contrast media, administering opaque media, holding and
turning patients, assisting in sterile procedures, and other
related duties as required. Assist in performing first aid as
- Secure and return supplies. Maintain room stock.
- Report equipment failure to supervisor and takes appropriate
actions as directed.
- Provide patient preparation instructions to patients,
physicians, and/or nursing personnel when indicated.
- May perform ancillary clinical functions such as venipuncture,
I.V. contrast administration, bladder catheterization, and
- May be responsible for specific areas of instruction to
students and new personnel.
- Check the accuracy of all order entry/charges compared with the
physicians’ orders and procedures completed.
- Participate in quality assurance activities and any data
collections required by the department.
- Cooperate with all department personnel in a positive and
- Adhere to prescribed standards for radiation safety.
- Non-Essential Functions
- Serves on specific committees dealing with the use of radiation
- May be required to assist in the development of technical
factors and the selection of radiographic film.
- Perform a variety of related clerical tasks as necessary.
- Maintain professional appearance by adhering to Dress and
Grooming Policy and Dress Code of Radiology Services.
- Handle equipment in a responsible, professional manner.
- Maintain Continuing Education credits as required by the
- This position shall have access to and disclose personal health
information only when reasonably necessary to perform the
designated job related responsibilities. Disclosure and/or use of
personal health information for any purpose other than as
reasonably necessary for designated job responsibilities is
prohibited.| Other related duties as assigned.
- This position requires the ability to identify age related
differences within the persons served and the adjustment of
treatment style and expectations as appropriate, including
adjustments based on the person’s served cognitive function and
learning ability. This will include taking into account their
religious and cultural needs and preferences. ,
Licensure / Certification /
- Must possess and maintain a valid Radiologic Technologist
registration from the ARRT at time of hire/transfer date is
- High school graduate required.
- The ability to maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor at
all times in potentially stressful situations.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Providence Rochester is an
equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to
all associates and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Detroit , Registered Technologist, Other , Rochester, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!