Registered Mammography Technologist
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: October 16, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Full Time / Days / 40 hrs
Monday - Friday 0800-1600P
Stereotactic Breast Biopsy and Savi Scout Procedures
What You Will Do:
The Registered Mammographic Technologist is
responsible for supporting the Mission and Vision of Ascension by,
under general supervision, perform x-ray examinations as ordered by
a licensed physician in accordance with established departmental
protocols. Charged with patient responsibilities while the patient
is in the department.
What You Will Need:
- Essential Functions
- Recognize the quality of the diagnostic services and the
patient well being as the primary responsibilities of the
- Prepare and stock work are as required to perform procedures as
assigned/requested. Assure a safe and clean environment for
patients at all times.
- Assure the “two step” identification of all patients before
proceeding with the requested examination. Explain the procedure to
the patients before and during as required.
- Transfer and properly position patients for examinations in
order to obtain desired radiographic results according to physician
orders and in accordance with departmental protocols. Conduct all
examinations safely in accordance with prescribed safety
- Produce optimal radiographs at all times considering the size
and abilities of the patient to fully cooperate as required.
- Review all images for optimal positioning, exposure, patient
identification and markers before releasing the patient.
- Assist physicians in performance of examinations by mixing and
pouring contrast media, administering opaque media, holding and
turning patients, assisting in sterile procedures, and other
related duties as required. Assist in performing first aid as
- Secure and return supplies. Maintain room stock.
- Report equipment failure to supervisor and takes appropriate
actions as directed.
- Provide patient preparation instructions to patients,
physicians, and/or nursing personnel when indicated.
- May perform ancillary clinical functions such as venipuncture,
I.V. contrast administration, bladder catheterization, and
- May be responsible for specific areas of instruction to
students and new personnel.
- Check the accuracy of all order entry/charges compared with the
physicians’ orders and procedures completed.
- Participate in quality assurance activities and any data
collections required by the department.
- Cooperate with all department personnel in a positive and
- Adhere to prescribed standards for radiation safety.
- Handle equipment in a responsible, professional manner.
- Non-Essential Functions
- Serve on specific committees dealing with the use of radiation
- May be required to assist in the development of technical
factors and the selection of radiographic film.
- Perform a variety of related clerical tasks as necessary.
- Maintain professional appearance by adhering to Dress and
Grooming Policy and Dress Code of Radiology Services.
- Maintain Continuing Education credits as required by the ARRT
and MQSA guidelines.
- This position shall have access to and disclose personal health
information only when reasonably necessary to perform the
designated job related responsibilities. Disclosure and/or use of
personal health information for any purpose other than as
reasonably necessary for designated job responsibilities is
- Other related duties as assigned.
- This position requires the ability to identify age related
differences within the persons served and the adjustment of
treatment style and expectations as appropriate, including
adjustments based on the person’s served cognitive function and
learning ability. This will include taking into account their
religious and cultural needs and preferences. ,
Licensure / Certification /
- Must possess and maintain a valid Radiologic registration from
the ARRT at time of hire/transfer date required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Mammography registration from
the ARRT at time of hire/transfer date required.
- High school graduate required.
- The ability to maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor at
all times in potentially stressful situations.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Providence Rochester is an
equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to
all associates and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Detroit , Registered Mammography Technologist , Other , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!