Structural Welder - Fabricator - 1st Shift
Company: Miller Industries
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Miller Industries - Thompson Road - Fenton, MichiganWho We
AreAre you ready for a change and want the opportunity to work in a
state-of-the-art facility that is clean, well-lit and
well-ventilated? Are you up for a challenge to work on custom
products such as conveyor systems, stairs, platforms and baggage
handling systems? At Miller Industries, we take great pride in our
family business built on hard work and passion for making quality
products, while focusing on the needs of our employees. We are
growing business and looking to add skilled talent to our team.Who
We WantMiller Industries is seeking a well-rounded Structural
Welder/Fabricator for our 2nd Shift. The hours are 5 p.m. to 3:30
a.m., Monday - Friday, with overtime as required for production on
weekends. This is a welding-focused position, however, your
fabrication and fitment skills are just as important as your
welding skills. The ideal candidate will come to us with a strong
background and expertise in working with carbon steel mainly MIG
welding. In this role, you will be part of our Pfab Team building
custom conveyor systems, stairs, platforms, and baggage handling
systems.What You Will Be DoingOur Welders are reading engineered
drawings, cutting, welding, and assembling materials for our wide
range of customers.
- Handling, cutting, welding, and assembling materials (steel,
stainless, aluminum) for our custom products.
- Ensuring that all products are fabricated, welded, and
installed according to our engineered drawings.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to
the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc
- Assist with the lay out, positioning, alignment, and securing
of parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges,
combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Take pride in the quality of your work and servicing
- Work closely with other team members to accurately fulfill
customer orders on time.What You Get PaidThe position pays a
competitive rate per hour based on experience and expertise. We
offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental,
vision, life insurance, LTD, STD, a 401k with immediate match, 11
paid holidays, PTO, profit sharing bonus eligibility, and overtime
opportunities.What Requirements Are Needed
- Integrity, energy, creativity, and a positive attitude.
- Critical thinking and good judgment.
- 5 years of fabrication AND welding experience (MIG, TIG, and
Arc) with a variety of metals (mild steel, aluminum, stainless
steel), welding certifications are a plus.
- Ability to read cut lists and engineering drawings for the
purpose of cutting and assembling various materials.
- Mechanical abilities; skill in using tools such as saws,
drills, grinders, cut-off wheels, clamps, levels, and tape
- Always communicating with clarity; strong written and verbal
- Willingness to maintain a professional and clean workspace and
assist in shop housekeeping.
- Strong safety mindset and willingness to be part of and promote
our safety culture.
- Team player who can also perform without supervision.Physical &
Mental RequirementsMust have the physical and mental strength and
endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme
environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the
position in operational and administrative situations. Required to
frequently lift and move 10-50 pounds. Expected to stand, sit,
walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, and
operate objects, tools, and controls.Miller Industries is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.You can also find this job posting at
Keywords: Miller Industries, Detroit , Structural Welder - Fabricator - 1st Shift, Other , Fenton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!