Senior Systems Development Lead
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Location: Auburn Hills
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Senior System Project Leader ( SYPL) - PowerDrive
Location Auburn Hills, MI
BorgWarner is a global product leader in delivering innovative and
sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market. We are a
company of innovators and independent thinkers that brings together
talented employees, meaningful work and amazing technology in a
unique environment. At BorgWarner we constantly work towards our
vision of a clean and energy-efficient world.
We believe health and safety of our employees are a top priority,
we care about our local communities and the global environment.
BorgWarner promotes and nurtures a diverse and inclusive
environment, honors integrity, strives for excellence, commits to
responsibility for our communities and the environment, and builds
on the power of collaboration.
We manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses and
encourage you to learn about our proud history, strong culture,
technologies and future vision. We offer a strong local presence
and interesting global opportunities. Start your future with
The Systems Development Lead is the primary responsible for
defining, planning, scheduling and coordinating all systems
engineering activities for the assigned projects.
- Leads the systems project team in developing programs for
hybrid traction motors.
- Contributes to the overall project scope definition and
- Plans and schedules activities for the requirements,
architecture, integration, functional safety and cyber security
engineers on the defined project
- Defines content and priorities of systems tasks using a formal
task management tool.
- Key contributor and supporter of the requirements development
- Tracks and reports system activities progress to the project
- Drives systems related internal and externally detected issues
to closure, including 8ds.
- Ensures adherence of the system team activities to the internal
ASPICE based, development process.
- Reviews work products to ensure quality and consistency.
- Coordinates with the System Test Lead (SYTL) to ensure test
coverage and traceability
- Defines, implements and monitors performance metrics for the
systems project team.
What We're Looking For
- Engineering Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years of experience with different roles within systems
- 2+ years of experience in a lead role.
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering principles and
guidelines (eg INCOSE).
- Experience with MS project and a task management tool eg.
Atlassian JIRA, IBM Rational RTC etc.
- Experience of working within an ASPICE based process
environment (or similar)
- Knowledge of requirements engineering principles
- Experience delivering a project with functional safety
- Propulsion or electric motor system experience.
- Knowledge of Cyber security (ISO 21434)
- Experience with standard automotive test tools eg. Vector, NI,
DSpace or ETAS
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Join the company that is creating solutions that support a cleaner,
more energy-efficient world
For more information about BorgWarner, please visit
Internal Use Only Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Job Type Regular
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Detroit , Senior Systems Development Lead, Other , Auburn Hills, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!