Senior Project Superintendent - Detroit
Company: The Christman Company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Looking for an exciting and rewarding career in commercial
construction? We're seeking a Senior Project Superintendent
candidate for construction projects in our Detroit, Michigan
region. This position provides a great opportunity for a long-term
thinker to use their construction leadership expertise across a
range of markets and clients, leverage technology to increase
efficiency and effectiveness, participate in a broad range of
project planning and coordination duties, and grow with the
company. The role will offer opportunities to bring value by
prompting team members to recognize challenges early and plan ahead
for important project activities. In addition to a rewarding career
in construction, Christman is an ESOP owned company, offering
competitive pay, a generous benefits program, and promotes training
and professional development. Responsibilities: As a leader for the
construction project team, responsibilities will include creating a
safe work environment, organizing site logistics, establishing a
work pace that achieves schedule commitments, assuring construction
quality, and monitoring and tracking project progress and risks.
This person will be responsible for supporting and monitoring
projects typically ranging from $5 - $120 million, establishing
expectations for both the construction and the team. Qualified
candidates will demonstrate:
- Work Planning: Plan and prioritize to achieve high-quality,
timely results within the context of project management. Dependable
and punctual for all work-related commitments.
- Relationships: Earn respect through construction knowledge and
positive problem solving. Develop productive relationships with
project team, contractors, design teams and clients.
- Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent
ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team
and to participate in collaborative problem solving.
- Detail Orientation: Successfully ensure accuracy of project
documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and
- Professionalism: Positive attitude and professional demeanor
and appearance and perform well under project constraints and
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and
proficient with project management software. Willingness to test
and implement new software technology.
- Math Skills: Numerical and analytical skills related to
dimension and layout, elevations, and production rates, and ability
to apply these skills to achieve project quality and adequate
- Learning Orientation: Pursue related educational and training
for job performance improvements and to share knowledge and debate
concepts with the Christman team. Qualified will possess the
- Ten or more years of commercial construction experience as a
foreman or superintendent requiring professionalism and
- Progressive experience in skilled trades and/or a bachelor's
degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related
- Successful completion of classes or other training in
construction management, project management, safety, communication.
- Equivalent combination of the above education, training, and
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to develop familiarity
with the site requirements, tools, methods, and materials of the
full range of trade divisions.
- Have a passion for team-based planning and problem-solving and
wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support
- Candidates with Healthcare, Industrial Manufacturing and
Water/Waste Water experience are preferred.
- Willingness to relocate and/or travel is preferred. The
Christman family of companies is an equal opportunity employer and
values diversity. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Keywords: The Christman Company, Detroit , Senior Project Superintendent - Detroit, Other , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!