Field Interviewer - M-CARES
Company: NORC at the University of Chicago
Posted on: November 23, 2021
NORC AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO:NORC at the University of
Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that
delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical
programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams
have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied
innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific
integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and
nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform
increasingly complex information into useful
knowledge.IDEALCANDIDATES:Are you a self-motivated, people person
looking to make meaningful contributions through work that impacts
the nation? NORC---s field interviewer opportunity offers a
flexible role where you will engage with all types of people in a
clinical setting to examine effects of subsidies for family
planning services. The aim of the study is to provide estimates of
the consequences of eliminating funding for family planning
services by quantifying the differences in various life outcomes
for women who do and do not receive subsidies for contraceptives
through randomized intervention. Our field interviewers play close
attention to details, making sure all data is appropriately
recorded so our researchers can use the information you collect to
learn more about how our world works. Own your workload, while
still being a team player sharing accurate and thorough data
reports with colleagues in a timely fashion.WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Work on-site at Planned Parenthood clinics.
- Ask eligibility questions and conduct interviews via tablet.
Patients completing the eligibility questions will receive monetary
- Adhere to recruitment design and data collection protocols such
- Read scripts and questionnaires verbatim.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and work cohesively with
clinic patients and staff.
- Adhere to clinic protocols regarding safety and security.
- Reconcile and accurately account for respondent monies.
- Expect observation visits by both NORC and University of
Michigan staff to assess interviewer performance and adherence to
- Communicate consistently with your Field Manager in real time
regarding issues or problems that occur within the clinic.
- Attend NORC---s paid training to ensure you have the tools you
need to be a successful field interviewer. A local in-person
training will be required, and there will be 1 or 2 days dedicated
to a clinic visit with mentoring by experienced staff.TIMING AND
- This position is part-time and temporary.-- You are expected to
work a minimum of 2 days a week and a work day is based on clinic
hours of operation. There may be opportunities for more work
- Days worked and assignments may vary by clinic locations.--
Work schedules are released for sign-up 1 month in advance. It is
required to be on time and work each shift.
- Data collection will continue through 2022. Depending on
project funding, data collection could be extended past the end of
- Present evidence of identity and authorization to work in the
United States (I-9 documentation)
- Have a valid driver---s license, have unlimited use of an
automobile in working condition, and present proof of auto
liability insurance (exceptions can be made for applicants from
major urban centers)
- Ability to carry tablets, supplies and other project
- Attend in-person, paid training sessions
- Business casual attire required when in-clinic
- As a condition of employment, all NORC employees and
contractors --- including those working remotely - must be fully
vaccinated to comply with the Executive Order issued by President
Biden on September 9, 2021--NORC is an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in
the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other
Keywords: NORC at the University of Chicago, Detroit , Field Interviewer - M-CARES, Other , Ferndale, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!